"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey Julie, my father in law lives in carencro, and I'm looking for a couple of laying hens for him. Do you have anything, or know I someone with some pullets or young hens? I only need a couple. They can be muts as long as they like to lay!
I had some NH's that he could have gotten but Jeff is getting them now.

Chris

I only need 2 hens, and I'd like to be able to find them within the next couple weeks. Thanks to anyone who can help!

I have 2 hens i can spare..... Ones a mutt and the other is a leghorn and buff mix i hatched.they are about two months old. let me know if your interested.

hey everbody im looking for a little help. all of my chickens are RIR except i have one faverolles rooster and they are all 10 weeks old. for some reason they all decided to start pecking my faverolles rooster and they pecked him to the skin on his rear end and then drew blood so it was tiime to seperate them so i put the faverolles rooster in a brooder that i have built and left him in there for a couple days to recover. today i tried to put him back in with the flock and not only did my other two rooster attack him the pecking from the hens got worst so I seperated them again. any suggestion on how i can stop this pecking? And also i noticed the faverolles doesnt hardly eat or drink anything while i have him in the brooder. he just walks around and sqawks so i cant leave in there for to long worst comes to worst i will have to get rid of him.

hey everbody im looking for a little help. all of my chickens are RIR except i have one faverolles rooster and they are all 10 weeks old. for some reason they all decided to start pecking my faverolles rooster and they pecked him to the skin on his rear end and then drew blood so it was tiime to seperate them so i put the faverolles rooster in a brooder that i have built and left him in there for a couple days to recover. today i tried to put him back in with the flock and not only did my other two rooster attack him the pecking from the hens got worst so I seperated them again. any suggestion on how i can stop this pecking? And also i noticed the faverolles doesnt hardly eat or drink anything while i have him in the brooder. he just walks around and sqawks so i cant leave in there for to long worst comes to worst i will have to get rid of him.

Only thing left to try is putting him in a cage in your coop. The other birds may be able to sort their differences out through the wire providing him some protection.

I think your only other options is re-homing him.

do you think if i give him a chance to feather back up it will stop the pecking. cause they were raised together since they were hatched and he feathered a lot slower than the rest and they all wanted to peck at the down feathers that was still down his back and never gave him a chance completly feather out but now they have pecked all that off and they are pecking just skin.

My critters have made poo soup of the coop and run!
sickbyc.gif
I have got to get some sand in there. It is unreal how it goes from bone dry to swamp. The waterfowl don't mind, but my chickens are giving me the stink eye
hide.gif

Thought I would share a pic of my piggies... oh uh, I mean sheep
gig.gif
You'd swear I never feed the fatties with the way they climb into the trough

Does anyone use chicken nipple waterers? Do they work good? If my chickens are use to drinking out a regular plastic waterer will they learn to use the nipple waterer? im trying figure out the best way to keep their water clean. i keep their waterer hanging high but they still manage to get it nasty and muddy within a few hours of changing it.

Does anyone use chicken nipple waterers? Do they work good? If my chickens are use to drinking out a regular plastic waterer will they learn to use the nipple waterer? im trying figure out the best way to keep their water clean. i keep their waterer hanging high but they still manage to get it nasty and muddy within a few hours of changing it.
Yes; I've used them with my baby chicks and love them. I used a small water cooler and removed the spout and replaced it with pvc fittings and pipe to attach the nipples to. It's worked great for the last couple of years. It makes watering so much easier because now all I have to do is fill the cooler a couple times each week and their water stays clean.

Back
Top Bottom