"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    I guess it wouldn't be all that bad if all we had to do was stay at home and take care of the farm, but I'm pretty sure that most of us are not lucky enough to be able to quit our full time jobs in favor of homesteading!

2. Chris Herzog

Chris Herzog Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    That's what I need to do...not work and be a stay at home dad! Ha! That will never happen. Did I tell ya'll we have number 2 on the way!!! The wife is due at the beginning of April and yea I'm sweating having 2 little ones to take care of... Although Bug is a really easy going kid and is a trip to have around.....you just never know what she is going to say or do next!!! She cracks me up.

Chris

3. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Ain't that the truth! ;)

I read somewhere on BYC where someone said that they picked their chicken eggs 3 times a day. Someone like that must not have a full time job and most likely is a stay at home mom and that is great but for me, it will never happen.

I think all of us probably consider our animals our "part time job". Well, at least I do. My part time homesteading job is M - F from 5:30 AM - 6:30 AM & 5:30 PM - 9:00 PM. Weekend hours vary. :/

4. chickenguru

chickenguru Chillin' With My Peeps

May 24, 2010
    Kentwood La.
    Not hatching anything right now but I can hold some eggs for you to hatch for yourself if you want me to.
    I could start gathering for you tomorrow. I am getting eggs for someone else through today.

5. Gracie9205

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
  6. catdaddyfro

catdaddyfro Overrun With Chickens

Sep 16, 2009
    Vernon Parish
    Well congrats, ol boy. Still gotta little smoke in the ol' chimney, there huh. LOL

Well good maybe this one will be Tee-Chris and you'll have one of each. you need a little man to help out and if you think the girl can get into it, if its a boy you gotta another thing comin' LOL I don't have any myself but may as well have as I have the niece (first) and the nephew(now,he just made 3) and he follows my every move and doings and says he's going wherever I go well till I have to practically run him off/away sometimes 'cause you just can't "geter dun" you know what I mean, and plus for safety reasons.

Ok Oh yeah while I'm on you I had ended up with 3 out of those GNH eggs a perfect trio one boy, 2 girls will be sending them to Arkansas with my brother in Nov. We are going to have birds spread from one end of the country to the other.

Jeff

Last edited: Sep 21, 2012
  7. Chris Herzog

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    LOL yea you got that right.....a very little smoke left. At 45 most of my friends think that I've lost my mind!!

Chris

8. Chris Herzog

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    Gracie,
    I didn't want to post this until I got it in my hands but look what I picked up this afternoon.....

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's not brand new but it was not $700.00 either. I picked it up for 250.00 today from someone getting out of the hobby. I had my eye on it now for a couple weeks but after doing so well the other day at the sale, I decided to go ahead and get it.

Chris

9. Gracie9205

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    [​IMG]I'm jealous! Why can't I stumble on the good deals?!?! It's ok though... just wait until you see the fridgerbator in all it's glory [​IMG]

10. Chris Herzog

Oct 16, 2011
    Covington
    After getting this home and having a good look at it......your deal might be as good or even better. There is really nothing to it! I can't believe what they sell these thing for but for the price I paid....I really can't complain.

Chris

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by