"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Sassymygirl, Apr 10, 2009.

1. kuntrygirl

kuntrygirl Reduce, Reuse, Recycle

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana
    Look how beautiful! :love Thanks for posting about the Poultry Show in Baton Rouge. Sounds like a nice weekend outing. :/

2. Gracie9205

Gracie9205 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2010
    Lake Charles, LA
    What's the word on the goats? I'm still keeping my eyes peeled over here!

3. LAchickenMESS

LAchickenMESS Out Of The Brooder

Sep 30, 2012
    Anyone on I-49 have Australorps or Maran chicks any color? We are driving from Baton Rouge to Monroe and back on Saturday and I was hoping to make the trip more interesting by getting some (3) non-hatchery chicks. Thanks for any responses!

4. Mickiesmadhouse

Mickiesmadhouse Out Of The Brooder

Apr 26, 2012
    Sibley, Louisiana
    Thanks rbuck!!! They're reasonable too! this is awesome news! [​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  5. BayouPoules

BayouPoules Chillin' With My Peeps

We are hoping to be able to go,.. it would be great to see you show!,... ( and win)

6. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    I'm at least going to bring the kids to see all the entries. My youngest wants to bring a bird or 2 to show, but I'm not sure yet. I'm so darned paranoid about exposing them to disease and bringing them back home to the rest of the flock. :/

7. mzstre

mzstre Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 5, 2011
    near Baton Rouge, LA
    Yvette - the chicks are beautiful!

Chris - I hope to see you at the show. My boys would love to see your birds and I know they will show magnificently!

8. MicheleC

MicheleC Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2011
    Lake Charles
    Got my first egg in almost two months today!!! My girls layed like crazy this summer so I guess they all took a break together... Hopefully the beginning of a trend!

9. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Thanks for mentioning that. I was just about to post this to everyone. Please be careful not to bring any poop back to your yard and into your chicken yard. Either wash your shoes or take them off before getting out of your vehicle when getting home and stepping into your yard. Although some birds "look" healthy they may not be. It's good to invest in some shoe covers. I bought mine from Amazon and I put them on when I visit people who have animals and people who visit me have to put these on before they step out of their vehicles. No shoe covers, NO visit, NO exceptions. If I do decide to go, I will have my shoe covers on. It may not look pretty on my shoes but I'm ok knowing I am practicing bio-security. Being paranoid is good.

http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Po...F8&qid=1349963372&sr=8-1&keywords=shoe+covers

10. kuntrygirl

Feb 20, 2008
    Opelousas, Louisiana

Congrats!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by