"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

[COLOR=333333] Great coop bill082764!!![/COLOR] Got new Wellies in the flock,.. can't wait for their chocolate speckled eggs in the spring! Thanks to Brandy for bringing me some organic feed to the Covington Poultry Sale this past weekend,. the flock loves it,.. and we had a nice time, didn't sell either of our bators,..but we bought an English Double Barred Lemon Cuckoo Orpington pullet from Joyce Madere [COLOR=333333] as a buddy to a lone hatched chick,.. [/COLOR] .The weather for the sale was great,... but so much for it starting at 10:00,.. we thought we would be there early at 9:30 but it was already in full swing! Olivia said,.. "gotta remember,..all these folks get up with the chickens",.. :D Anyone planning on going to the Poultry Show at the Fair in Baton Rouge? Thinking about it? http://www.gbrsf.com/fileserver/files.ashx?t=fg&f=2012 Rabbit Poultry Show.pdf
Look how beautiful! :love Thanks for posting about the Poultry Show in Baton Rouge. Sounds like a nice weekend outing. :/

Anyone on I-49 have Australorps or Maran chicks any color? We are driving from Baton Rouge to Monroe and back on Saturday and I was hoping to make the trip more interesting by getting some (3) non-hatchery chicks. Thanks for any responses!

Pauls Farm and garden on 1300 N. Market usually has several bags, 425-2222, that's where I got my last bag.
Thanks rbuck!!! They're reasonable too! this is awesome news!
yippiechickie.gif

Last edited:
I'm at least going to bring the kids to see all the entries. My youngest wants to bring a bird or 2 to show, but I'm not sure yet. I'm so darned paranoid about exposing them to disease and bringing them back home to the rest of the flock. :/

Got my first egg in almost two months today!!! My girls layed like crazy this summer so I guess they all took a break together... Hopefully the beginning of a trend!

I'm at least going to bring the kids to see all the entries. My youngest wants to bring a bird or 2 to show, but I'm not sure yet. I'm so darned paranoid about exposing them to disease and bringing them back home to the rest of the flock. :/

Thanks for mentioning that. I was just about to post this to everyone. Please be careful not to bring any poop back to your yard and into your chicken yard. Either wash your shoes or take them off before getting out of your vehicle when getting home and stepping into your yard. Although some birds "look" healthy they may not be. It's good to invest in some shoe covers. I bought mine from Amazon and I put them on when I visit people who have animals and people who visit me have to put these on before they step out of their vehicles. No shoe covers, NO visit, NO exceptions. If I do decide to go, I will have my shoe covers on. It may not look pretty on my shoes but I'm ok knowing I am practicing bio-security. Being paranoid is good.

http://www.amazon.com/Disposable-Po...F8&qid=1349963372&sr=8-1&keywords=shoe+covers

Back
Top Bottom