"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good morning everyone! I'm so happy it's Friday! I get off early today and am looking forward to being able to get some things done outside. My wonderful hubby got the roof over the first breeding pen yesterday. The roost in in, now I just need to assemble a waterer and put in a feeder and nest box. Yay! We (mostly he lol) basically sectioned off the end of the covered run with stretched aviary netting (3/4" squares) on the inside and added doors on the exterior. The cool thing is the aviary netting can be rolled up and tied at the top to remove the divisions. The total enclosed run is about 12' x 35'. Each section we made is 12' x 4', so we'll be able to make it larger (12' x 8') by rolling up one section of netting, or remove the divisions completely by rolling up both sections.

Hello Kuntrygirl

My sister wants a few turkeys for eye candy in the back yard and I seen yours in the trees. Do they all want to roost in trees or is yours just special?
lau.gif
She was looking at some Bourbon Reds, do they have to be in a covered pan?

hubby was in the navy for 4 years, what kind of chickens do you have? i'm still looking for australorp chicks, guess i'll have to wait until spring for the feed stores to get some in.
I'm starting over with rare breeds, here's what I have so far that are still cooking in the bator. French Black Copper Marans, Part English Blue, Black & Splash Orpingtons, Blue Isbars, Malaysian Seramas, Lavender Orpingtons, Swedish Flower Hens. I just set 15 heritage RIR's and I'm hoping for a good hatch. I just moved back home and trying to get my chicken habit back in order.

I'm starting over with rare breeds, here's what I have so far that are still cooking in the bator. French Black Copper Marans, Part English Blue, Black & Splash Orpingtons, Blue Isbars, Malaysian Seramas, Lavender Orpingtons, Swedish Flower Hens. I just set 15 heritage RIR's and I'm hoping for a good hatch. I just moved back home and trying to get my chicken habit back in order.
sounds like you are going to have your hands full real soon, i'd love to see them all!

after the 4th big dark brown double yoker in 8 days my wife has got me to start looking for a few more cuckoo marans, so if anyone knows where i can find some and they can be anywhere from hatching eggs to grown hens and a rooster or 2

Last edited:
after the 4th big dark brown double yoker in 8 days my wife has got me to start looking for a few more cuckoo marans, so if anyone knows where i can find some and they can be anywhere from hatching eggs to grown hens and a rooster or 2
Chickens: laying hens ( cuckoo Marans, Easter Eggers, black copper Marans, black sex link, buff Orpington ) $10 each
Laying Guneas $15 each, and sexed
Juvenile guineas ( 5-6 months old ) $10 each, pearl and lavender
Rouen ducks
Khaki Cambell Ducks

Will hatch upon request what you specifically want

Katadin lambs -- please contact us to reserve lambs to be born this spring
We have both registered and commercial.
337-580-4406

Chickens: laying hens ( cuckoo Marans, Easter Eggers, black copper Marans, black sex link, buff Orpington ) $10 each
Laying Guneas $15 each, and sexed
Juvenile guineas ( 5-6 months old ) $10 each, pearl and lavender
Rouen ducks
Khaki Cambell Ducks

Will hatch upon request what you specifically want

Katadin lambs -- please contact us to reserve lambs to be born this spring
We have both registered and commercial.
337-580-4406
cool thanx i will check it out
thumbsup.gif

What are "heritage" RIR's?
hide.gif
Julie,
This is one of my heritage RIR cockerels about 7 months old. The blood line to this bird goes back 100 years without anyone ever mixing any other blood lines into his families line. 50 to 75 years ago all RIR's pretty much looked like this guy.

He is from the Mohawk line....

Chris

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom