"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Good morning La-yers and BYCers!!
caf.gif
Hope everyone has a great week
http://www.ideal-poultry.com/shipping.asp they have a good selection of chicks, and it looks like there is no shipping charge to LA. hard to believe but you might want to check them out! hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather! i have 4 loaves of handmade, homemade bread fixing to go in the oven. we were coming home yesterday from a ct scan on hubby's lungs and i'll be ****** if i didn't run out of gas. neighbor came and rescued us and wouldn't let me pay him for the gas, so they are going to have to accept 3 hot loaves of fresh baked bread!

Good morning La-yers and BYCers !!:caf Hope everyone has a great week
http://www.ideal-poultry.com/shipping.asp they have a good selection of chicks, and it looks like there is no shipping charge to LA. hard to believe but you might want to check them out! hope you are enjoying this beautiful weather! i have 4 loaves of handmade, homemade bread fixing to go in the oven. we were coming home yesterday from a ct scan on hubby's lungs and i'll be ****** if i didn't run out of gas. neighbor came and rescued us and wouldn't let me pay him for the gas, so they are going to have to accept 3 hot loaves of fresh baked bread!
No shipping charge to LA????????? WOW!! I'll have to check that out. I love homemade bread. :drool You go girl. That is such a nice gesture. Next time you want to run out of gas, please come to my road so that I can rescue you all. :lau ;)

ahhh, you have my favorite breed, black australorps! i will be looking for some as soon as the feed stores get them in! so glad to see them in louisiana, you are the first one i see that has them! are they gentle birds? i have heard that they are extremely docile! can't wait to find some chicks to raise and then breed!
Yes they are very gentile and are prolific layers of big eggs. A lot of people in Southern Louisiana and Mississippi raise them. When they start laying again, I will separate them from the free ranging flock and pen them up by themselves, if you would like some hatching eggs.n I just have to figure out which are the Australoups and which are the Black giants, as they are almost identical in appearance.
jumpy.gif

ahhh, you have my favorite breed, black australorps! i will be looking for some as soon as the feed stores get them in! so glad to see them in louisiana, you are the first one i see that has them! are they gentle birds? i have heard that they are extremely docile! can't wait to find some chicks to raise and then breed!

Yes they are very gentile and are prolific layers of big eggs. A lot of people in Southern Louisiana and Mississippi raise them. When they start laying again, I will separate them from the free ranging flock and pen them up by themselves, if you would like some hatching eggs.n I just have to figure out which are the Australoups and which are the Black giants, as they are almost identical in appearance.:jumpy

I love my BAs.

Hey all, I am trying to help find out if there is interest in a South/Southeast LA Poultry club. We would like to have APA sanctioned shows as well. If anyone is interested in this, please let me know by messaging me here, through my Facebook page Brandi's Fancy Feathers, or email Carrie at [email protected] – make sure you put Poultry Club in the subject line.
So sorry to hear about Carrie's rabbits. Tell her to call me if she gets a shed going to have a few meat rabbits going again for her freezer camp. I have pure New Zealand Whites and will help her get going again, when she is ready. I am truly sorry for her loss. Did her silkies and naked-necks make it?
sad.png

She isn't that old..just 6 months old..how do i check for worms??? What am i looking for? I was useing DE for worming..i thought that help with worms :/ mixed it with there pellets

She isn't that old..just 6 months old..how do i check for worms??? What am i looking for? I was useing DE for worming..i thought that help with worms :/ mixed it with there pellets
What kind of DE are you using? Where did you get it from? You can't use the kind for swimming pools.

What kind of DE are you using? Where did you get it from? You can't use the kind for swimming pools.

TBJumper0514,
So can you tell me what the difference in the South and Central clubs are going to be, if Opelousas isn't too far away for the "south east club"??
Why would we all not just combine efforts to form a club for south/central louisiana?? It's not like the state is that big.... and there's the club up north... Pretty sure if we could hold shows in the north and then hold shows in the south everyone would be happy....

I am not the one starting the club, I am just helping to advertise that we are trying to get something together. I thought it was going to be more southeast, but the entire southern state and even south MS (esp since they do not have anything in their state) is included. I also don't see why people on the border of south/central LA can't join both clubs if they desire. The central, LA club is way too far for me to travel. Many of the meetings have been to the extreme west of the state, and that is quite a drive for people like me in the New Orleans area...not to mention being able to get that far at a decent hour after work and making sure my own animals are cared for if I am not coming home after work (I work an hour from home already). I am hoping maybe we can do shows with the Central club as well, but this one I think will be concentrated as far as meetings in the SE area of the state for those of us who don't have time to travel several hours away for meetings and get-togethers.

Back
Top Bottom