"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

*sigh* One more day of third graders before it is FRIDAY!!! I am ready for the weekend already!
X 2! The week holiday coming up starting Friday!!!!!
wee.gif
I am going to put together a hutch for the bunnies, cut the grass...errrr I mean weeds, plant the fig tree near the chickens, plant 2 azalias (not near the chickens), plant blueberries, prepare the veggie garden, do my taxes...whew!
barnie.gif
Actually, I love doing ALL of that BUT the taxes!

Last edited:
Garilyn, how is your husband doing?
Right now there are no chicks or eggs hatching and no chickens yet either. Hubby went to the dr. and was diagnosed with lung cancer in his right upper lobe. The surgeon order a cardiologist visit to check out his heart condition. After having a nuclear stress test, mild ischemia, blockages, was discovered. So off to the hospital to have an angiogram. that showed major blockages in three arteries. one, the widowmaker, the main artery had two blockages with a bulge beating at a pulse different than his heartbeat. the next day surgery was scheduled for a triple bypass surgery. within a month, the lung cancer surgery was done. he spent thanksgiving and christmas day in the hospital. these two surgeries were MAJOR surgeries. two lymph nodes showed signs of being malignant. 4 rounds of chemo is in the future. he is still very weak and sore since his chest was cracked open. he is still in very much pain. recovery time is slow. I'm the sole caregiver for him which consumes most of my day. I'm glad that i didn't get chicks yet, as there wouldn't be time for me to care for them properly. hopefully things will be back to a little more normal pace for springtime. I'm hoping to be able to get chicks then and spend the time they need to thrive. thanks for the prayers and well wishes! Garilyn

Garilyn, how is your husband doing?

Right now there are no chicks or eggs hatching and no chickens yet either. Hubby went to the dr. and was diagnosed with lung cancer in his right upper lobe. The surgeon order a cardiologist visit to check out his heart condition. After having a nuclear stress test, mild ischemia, blockages, was discovered. So off to the hospital to have an angiogram. that showed major blockages in three arteries. one, the widowmaker,  the main artery had two blockages with a bulge beating at a pulse different than his heartbeat. the next day surgery was scheduled for a triple bypass surgery. within a month, the lung cancer surgery was done. he spent thanksgiving and christmas day in the hospital. these two surgeries were MAJOR surgeries. two lymph nodes showed signs of being malignant. 4 rounds of chemo is in the future.  he is still very weak and sore since his chest was cracked open. he is still in very much pain. recovery time is slow. I'm the sole caregiver for him which consumes most of my day. I'm glad that i didn't get chicks yet, as there wouldn't be time for me to care for them properly. hopefully things will be back to a little more normal pace for springtime. I'm hoping to be able to get chicks then and spend the time they need to thrive. thanks for the prayers and well wishes! Garilyn

WOW. you had a very rough year. I am praying everything goes as planned and your hubby makes a great recovery. In my thoughts and prayers

X 2! The week holiday coming up starting Friday!!!!!
wee.gif
I am going to put together a hutch for the bunnies, cut the grass...errrr I mean weeds, plant the fig tree near the chickens, plant 2 azalias (not near the chickens), plant blueberries, prepare the veggie garden, do my taxes...whew!
barnie.gif
Actually, I love doing ALL of that BUT the taxes!
If you plant blueberries near the chickens, you will never get to eat any, chickens love blueberries!
WOW. you had a very rough year. I am praying everything goes as planned and your hubby makes a great recovery. In my thoughts and prayers
X2, Hang in there, Girl, He will need you to be strong !

Right now there are no chicks or eggs hatching and no chickens yet either. Hubby went to the dr. and was diagnosed with lung cancer in his right upper lobe. The surgeon order a cardiologist visit to check out his heart condition. After having a nuclear stress test, mild ischemia, blockages, was discovered. So off to the hospital to have an angiogram. that showed major blockages in three arteries. one, the widowmaker,  the main artery had two blockages with a bulge beating at a pulse different than his heartbeat. the next day surgery was scheduled for a triple bypass surgery. within a month, the lung cancer surgery was done. he spent thanksgiving and christmas day in the hospital. these two surgeries were MAJOR surgeries. two lymph nodes showed signs of being malignant. 4 rounds of chemo is in the future.  he is still very weak and sore since his chest was cracked open. he is still in very much pain. recovery time is slow. I'm the sole caregiver for him which consumes most of my day. I'm glad that i didn't get chicks yet, as there wouldn't be time for me to care for them properly. hopefully things will be back to a little more normal pace for springtime. I'm hoping to be able to get chicks then and spend the time they need to thrive. thanks for the prayers and well wishes! Garilyn

Garilyn, I'm sorry your husband has been so ill. I will be praying for a full and quick recovery!

If you plant blueberries near the chickens, you will never get to eat any, chickens love blueberries!
Thanks, Celie. I'll make sure to plant the blueberries where they can't get them. I don't mind sharing with them, but I would like to have some myself. LOL They do not "share" well. Well, anyway, they don't share treats and bugs at all (greedy little robbers, they'll pull it right out of each other's peaks!), so I imagine they wouldn't share blueberries wth me either!

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom