"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hey everybody, it's been a while. Wanted to let everyone know I have fertilized welsummer eggs for sale at 10 dollars a dozen. Located in Broussard area. 337-280-2977

I sent your number to a buddy of mine out of Harahan: I am sure he will be calling you about the eggs! He buys several dozen Welsummer eggs a month out of Tennessee, but has been getting a lot of shipping damage to the air cells. He was very excited when I told him about your eggs!

Good morning peeps.
frow.gif

It rained this morning.
hmm.png
Julie,

I've been meaning to ask you about the crazy bunny. Did it settle down? Do you know, male or female?

idunno.gif

This year has been horrible for my chicks. The first on died 24 hrs after I bought it. TSC replaced it free of charge. Then I bought 4 from a local feed store which I didn't feel comfortable with cause they were put in the cold. 2 of them died by the next morning. Then I had one get out of the pen yesterday and got killed by the neighbors dog. I hate that!!!

This year has been horrible for my chicks. The first on died 24 hrs after I bought it. TSC replaced it free of charge. Then I bought 4 from a local feed store which I didn't feel comfortable with cause they were put in the cold. 2 of them died by the next morning. Then I had one get out of the pen yesterday and got killed by the neighbors dog. I hate that!!!

Very sorry to hear that. Sure hope the neighbor is going to keep his dog on his own property from now on and reimburse you for the chicken.

OMG!!! Sorry to hear about everything that is going on with you. Do you have any chicks?

Very sorry to hear that. Sure hope the neighbor is going to keep his dog on his own property from now on and reimburse you for the chicken.

Yes I still have chicks and. I chick got in there yard. He just played with till death. Not his fault

Yes I still have chicks and. I chick got in there yard. He just played with till death. Not his fault

Sad, but I can see how an active chick would look like a play toy if it wandered into the dog's yard. We had a hard time with our Golden Retrievers when we first got chickens: They REALLY wanted to play with them, but sadly their sort of playing = dead birds. I worked with them a lot, and after nearly two years the chickens now dust bathe in their yard with them in there. The dogs don't even look at them anymore.

Evening everyone! Internet was down at work today so I haven't had a chance to pop in and say hello.

Busy night tonight prepping for tomorrow's show--our first. I'm showing a bird, hubby is showing a bird, son and daughter are each showing a bird. That's 4 birds washed, blow dried, shined, and totally manicured. I am worn out already and have an early start tomorrow getting to the fairgrounds and getting birds checked in. I hope I've done everything right. They're clean and bug free. A couple of the d'uccles have some broken foot feathers--it is almost impossible to keep them all intact. I've tried. I'm hoping it'll only be a few points off for that.

I'm packing baggies to pick up and dispose of poop, baby wipes to clean their feet and behinds if they get dirty, water and waterers for them ( I don't want to use any provided ones if there are any--cooties ya know), and extra shavings for the feather footed birds' cages. I'm hoping that's it. Oh, and the camera. Not feeding them past what they eat early tomorrow morning so their crops stay smooth.

Anyone think of anything I'm missing?

Back
Top Bottom