"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Great idea. I love that they cant dig a whole and take a dust bath right there lol (my down fall to a micro green patch I started for them-hindsight arrrg)
Thanks. My girls have a pretty large area, but they stripped the grass and a large amount of ferns in short order. I tried letting them out into the yard, but they destroyed all my flowers, so I tried this and I think it will work. I felt bad that they only had greens when I cut some for them. I hope this will provide a constant supply as long as I keep putting some grass seed in there from time to time.

22 days ago we set 42 mixed breed eggs. Out of 42 22 hatched I am sad about a 50% hatch, but it is only our second go round and we learned a lot. Next one will be better. I am making some positive changes to the bator and my methods
smile.png

It's been a while, how is everyone doing? I got 38 welsummer chicks hatched from my hens recently. Just wanted to share.
a8anutet.jpg

I miss a few days and you have all been posting great pics!

Beautiful baby pics. Great work on the incubator. Congrats on the hatches. Love the window screen salad!

Whew! My oldest graduated in a class of just over 500 Friday night. I was so relieved to see him make that walk. I had a great hatch this week -- 8 Swedish Flower Hens, 3 Gold Neck d'Uccles, 2 Mille Fleur d'Uccles, 3 Black Wyandottes.

PSJ--What did the Sheriff's dept do when they got there? I think I'd be pressing charges.

I miss a few days and you have all been posting great pics!

Beautiful baby pics.  Great work on the incubator. Congrats on the hatches.  Love the window screen salad!

Whew!  My oldest graduated in a class of just over 500 Friday night.  I was so relieved to see him make that walk.  I had a great hatch this week -- 8 Swedish Flower Hens, 3 Gold Neck d'Uccles, 2 Mille Fleur d'Uccles, 3 Black Wyandottes.

PSJ--What did the Sheriff's dept do when they got there?  I think I'd be pressing charges.

Not a lot. Got their phone numbers from me and gave them a call. Told me to shoot them if they come back.

I'm devastated. Something just took my favorite Silkie, Bubbles. - probably a raccoon or cat. He was there when I checked on the flock late this afternoon. When I went to put them up for the night he was gone. My DH found a clump of his feathers where whatever it was pulled him under the house. I'm so upset!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I know this is part of owning chickens but it's my first predator incident and I don't like it one bit!

Here are a couple of picture I took last week. He was almost 6 months old; a Bobbie Porto baby.
He would follow me around in the back yard especially when I was working in the gardens. Knew I was likely to dig up some treats for him.

I'm devastated. Something just took my favorite Silkie, Bubbles. - probably a raccoon or cat. He was there when I checked on the flock late this afternoon. When I went to put them up for the night he was gone. My DH found a clump of his feathers where whatever it was pulled him under the house. I'm so upset!!!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

I know this is part of owning chickens but it's my first predator incident and I don't like it one bit!

Here are a couple of picture I took last week. He was almost 6 months old; a Bobbie Porto baby.
He would follow me around in the back yard especially when I was working in the gardens. Knew I was likely to dig up some treats for him.

:( so so sorry, he was beautiful

Back
Top Bottom