"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

WE HAVE A NEW FOAL!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Momma foaled over night. No complications at all, colt is healthy and eating and running around, momma is very protective. She's friendly with people, but isn't taking any chances with her first baby. She instantly puts herself between you and the colt, even when the cows walk up to investigate. It couldn't have gone more perfectly. We're very pleased! There are three more mares we are expecting to foal this week, and we're praying everyone comes out healthy and there are no complications. There's nothing better than going out in the morning and finding a healthy foal waiting for you. The owner is debating on what to name the little guy. Y'all should see him run! All legs, but he somehow manages to run around the field.
Ahhhh....I LOVE this stage! It's the "so fugly they're cute stage"!!! It's so much fun to see them race around and figure out how everything works.

WE HAVE A NEW FOAL!
big_smile.png
big_smile.png

Momma foaled over night. No complications at all, colt is healthy and eating and running around, momma is very protective. She's friendly with people, but isn't taking any chances with her first baby. She instantly puts herself between you and the colt, even when the cows walk up to investigate. It couldn't have gone more perfectly. We're very pleased! There are three more mares we are expecting to foal this week, and we're praying everyone comes out healthy and there are no complications. There's nothing better than going out in the morning and finding a healthy foal waiting for you. The owner is debating on what to name the little guy. Y'all should see him run! All legs, but he somehow manages to run around the field.
Congrats! I hope they all go so easy. What a cutie pie!

Is he too big for a baby walker? Just a thought if one legs I kicking to spin him.

They have tray that would make a buffer between him and others in the yard...I've seen make shift wheel chairs for different animals is why I mention it.
:/ Tho still hard to be mobile, least here would be, I use a lot of sand and riversilt, would need beefier wheels. I hate putting down animals before they or I am ready :( sorry he's not up and about like you were hoping.
Thanks. And the sad part about it is that he is perfectly fine his legs are just paralyzed. He is strong as a bull and wants to get up and walk but he can't. I put him out in the yard every day for fresh air and he can move about 10 feet ever 30 minutes or so. He spins and tries to get up but he can't. If I could only fix his legs. :(

Awwww beautiful they are! What a great wake up! :)
WE HAVE A NEW FOAL! :D :D

It's been the craziest day.
th.gif
I saw my cousin, who owned the stud that bred all the mares, at the store, and told him about the foal. He was buying a large item and couldn't fit it in his car, so I offered to bring it to his house in my truck. After running a few errands I ran over there to drop the box off... his field was on fire. I went and caught his horses and tied them somewhere safe while he ran out and tried to fight the fire. We tried dumping buckets of water for 45 minutes before he tried to chop around the fire with his tractor... The choppers weren't deep enough. The fire progressed while we were running buckets of water back and forth until it hit dry brush on the edge of his fence. Then it starting blazing, rushing towards the houses on the edge of the field with the help of a heavy wind. Cue fire department, four fire trucks, etc. Luckily the amazing people of the fire department prevented any houses from catching fire. We and a group of volunteers were around the perimeter patting out fire with shovel for over two hours. They helped contain the blaze until it died off. Now my cousin has an empty burnt field. I told him he could till and sow some seeds now.
wink.png
At the end of the day I'm sooty, blistered, exhausted, and stinky. I'm just glad no one got hurt, and very thankful to the kind firefighters who aided us.

It's been the craziest day. :th  I saw my cousin, who owned the stud that bred all the mares, at the store, and told him about the foal. He was buying a large item and couldn't fit it in his car, so I offered to bring it to his house in my truck. After running a few errands I ran over there to drop the box off... his field was on fire. I went and caught his horses and tied them somewhere safe while he ran out and tried to fight the fire. We tried dumping buckets of water for 45 minutes before he tried to chop around the fire with his tractor... The choppers weren't deep enough. The fire progressed while we were running buckets of water back and forth until it hit dry brush on the edge of his fence. Then it starting blazing, rushing towards the houses on the edge of the field with the help of a heavy wind. Cue fire department, four fire trucks, etc. Luckily the amazing people of the fire department prevented any houses from catching fire. We and a group of volunteers were around the perimeter patting out fire with shovel for over two hours. They helped contain the blaze until it died off. Now my cousin has an empty burnt field. I told him he could till and sow some seeds now. ;)  At the end of the day I'm sooty, blistered, exhausted, and stinky. I'm just glad no one got hurt, and very thankful to the kind firefighters who aided us.

Gracious! You have had quite a day, indeed. I am happy no one was hurt!

It's been the craziest day. :th  I saw my cousin, who owned the stud that bred all the mares, at the store, and told him about the foal. He was buying a large item and couldn't fit it in his car, so I offered to bring it to his house in my truck. After running a few errands I ran over there to drop the box off... his field was on fire. I went and caught his horses and tied them somewhere safe while he ran out and tried to fight the fire. We tried dumping buckets of water for 45 minutes before he tried to chop around the fire with his tractor... The choppers weren't deep enough. The fire progressed while we were running buckets of water back and forth until it hit dry brush on the edge of his fence. Then it starting blazing, rushing towards the houses on the edge of the field with the help of a heavy wind. Cue fire department, four fire trucks, etc. Luckily the amazing people of the fire department prevented any houses from catching fire. We and a group of volunteers were around the perimeter patting out fire with shovel for over two hours. They helped contain the blaze until it died off. Now my cousin has an empty burnt field. I told him he could till and sow some seeds now. ;)  At the end of the day I'm sooty, blistered, exhausted, and stinky. I'm just glad no one got hurt, and very thankful to the kind firefighters who aided us.

Gracious! You have had quite a day, indeed. I am happy no one was hurt!

x2

Thank God everyone is safe. Wash up, rest up and drink up. :p

Back
Top Bottom