"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

New to the site so figured I would find my states thread. From Marion, LA and have my first eggs in the incubator! Yipee!
wink.png
Okay, well coming here was a GREAT IDEA!!!! There is a wonderful group of regulars on here, though few of them know everything about chickens, but together we ROCK!!!!
So drop by oftenn, ask any question you may have, and reveal anything you learn so we all can get smarter! LOL
Tell what kind you have, incubating system your using, tell us about your coop etc etc etc.

Oh, and know this, we are a funny type, make jokes, laugh it up... and never mean anything negative ever... all are friends here, some of the best people I know actually! So glad your here!
Jennifer

Okay, so my "WILD MAMA" (bantam who sneaks off n returns w a brood) and her 10 chicks... who I put in that lawn mower trailer for safety:
Well, saw 4 had hopped out, peeping wildly. Couldn't catch them, so I took Wild Mama out with the 3 sided plastic tube they slept in, hoping they would return to her. 3 others hopped out, she went after them... needless to say they all escaped.
Now, 3 hours later.... Wild Mama went BACK up into the insulation... now she laid an egg!!!!! Seems she decided to stay with the egg, I can't reach to get her out. And she wont return to the chicks. I waited 2 more hours, she never came out and they r going nuts. They are under my house freezing.
Lost, I used a super bright flashlight, blinded their bundled clump, and used a fish net to catch them. Now, they are in my brooder... she has never done this before. Anyone EVER????
So, do I try to let her have em back in the AM? or say screw it and brood em myself? Ya'll know how I love how mothering and devoted she has always been.... its killing me,,and they are still crying for her...

Okay, well coming here was a GREAT IDEA!!!! There is a wonderful group of regulars on here, though few of them know everything about chickens, but together we ROCK!!!!
So drop by oftenn, ask any question you may have, and reveal anything you learn so we all can get smarter! LOL
Tell what kind you have, incubating system your using, tell us about your coop etc etc etc.

Oh, and know this, we are a funny type, make jokes, laugh it up... and never mean anything negative ever... all are friends here, some of the best people I know actually! So glad your here!
Jennifer

You are a sweetie and yes we do indeed ROCK.
celebrate.gif

I am using a LG incubator with a fan, multiple thermometer/hygrometers, and have a hodge podge of eggs in it... Silkies, Backyard babies aka Heinz 57s lol, and bantams. My bantams and Silkies were shipped eggs (crossing my fingers on that) and we already had 2 roosters and 4 hens which I collected eggs from also for my hatch (Greys). Our coop is nothing extravagant... Although I have been eyeballing some ideas for our new coop on BYC!

I have read and read on here and have tried to go with the concensus for settings and when to do what. My first candling will be Sunday night and I can hardly wait! Who knew this could be so EXCITING!!

Oh and I am almost impossible to offend, everything is funny to me! (even when it probably shouldn't be) Crazy sense of humor so I should fit in ;)

Set my eggies on Sunday, been holding a steady 99.7, have them in an extra closet (happy to have a tolerant husband) and have a 3 year old that thinks that eggs are only for breakfast..... he is in for a BIG surprise :)

Quote:
Welllll....I actually had a similar reaction when the animal control lady told me that...I said, "Are you sh*tt*n me?!?!??" I just kinda slipped out. (me hiding under a chair) I apologized to her, but that number is CRAZY!!! She did laugh at what I said....Thank goodness!
Sometimes paying the taxes gives you advantages other than the best schools. In this parish to do that youd have to get liences etc.Dog on the loose call animal controll and they come right out.

Back
Top Bottom