"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hello everyone...just want introduce myself. I live in southwest Louisiana and caught the "chicken disease" over a year ago but had several trips planned etc so could not get started until about 7 weeks ago. I have six wyandottes that are 7 weeks old. I'm crazy for them! Anyway, I look forward to all the great advice and expertise you can offer. :)

Welcome to BYC.

Quote:
Nice!! Can you feel yourself yet? LOL...(hiding under chair) I must of REALLY ticked someone off!!!! STILL no ovations or pictures.
I probably won't be able to feel myself until next year. The extreme couponing has taken the place of the broilers and I am more busy now than ever before. You may want to contact someone about your ovations and pictures, so they can try to fix it. I'm sure you're not yourself without them. :oops:

Welcome new members!!!

I did a lot of catching up, so here goes.....

Prim, you've been in my thoughts and prayers. He would want you happy, smiling and living a joyful life. I know it's hard, but we are her for you. Big ((huggs))).

Terri, Thoughts and prayers for Jim and Winnie. I hope that they are able to come to some conclusions about what's going on with Jim. It is good news about Winnie. If it hasn't gotten worse, maybe you are on the right track.

Kuntry Girl, Have you considered that all of these donations are a tax write off? I think you can itemize and take the full value of the item. Just a tought....

Lemon, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures. You have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL flock!!!!!!

Welcome new members!!!

I did a lot of catching up, so here goes.....

Prim, you've been in my thoughts and prayers. He would want you happy, smiling and living a joyful life. I know it's hard, but we are her for you. Big ((huggs))).

Terri, Thoughts and prayers for Jim and Winnie. I hope that they are able to come to some conclusions about what's going on with Jim. It is good news about Winnie. If it hasn't gotten worse, maybe you are on the right track.

Kuntry Girl, Have you considered that all of these donations are a tax write off? I think you can itemize and take the full value of the item. Just a tought....

Lemon, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the pictures. You have an absolutely BEAUTIFUL flock!!!!!!

Yes, I know about the tax write off and that's what I'm going to do. My friend told me to make sure that I do that, so I will. Thanks!

Hypothetical question.....................If you grew a bumper crop of potatoes how would you preserve/keep them?

Everything I read for STORING potatoes is not suitable for our climate. I do have a few things I currently do or am planning on doing if our crop is decent. But it never hurts to ask what other people like to do. Besides, I like trying new things.

So far ours are growing pretty decent for being planted late and part of them being just regular potatoes from the store that someone gave to us and we didn't use all of them. We also planted regular Yukon seed potatoes as well as a few Adirondak blue. The store potatoes were red. We have planted store potatoes before and they worked just as well.

Red, white and blue potatoes...........

We already have filled in quite a bit, but are going to do more tomorrow.

Every year that we have a big crop of potatoes we always end up with some wasted. I am hoping this year will be different.

Dehydrate them!

I had baby turkeys hatch this weekend. Not sure how I feel about that yet. It's still sinking in.
hmm.png

Have your peas started laying yet?

Hello everyone...just want introduce myself. I live in southwest Louisiana and caught the "chicken disease" over a year ago but had several trips planned etc so could not get started until about 7 weeks ago. I have six wyandottes that are 7 weeks old. I'm crazy for them! Anyway, I look forward to all the great advice and expertise you can offer.
smile.png
Welcome!! Sabine Parish here!

Back
Top Bottom