"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Whosin town Saturday and wants to process 30 chickens? Lol I'm thinking of taking on the task. :th quick talk me outta it!

This morning we doubled our chicken population :cd
(chicks are a variable in chicken math that equal "zero" I've decided :gig and meat chicks are a negative so yay! :lau)

Here's the lil survivor packing peanut from a CX order a few months back. Pretty guy. Loves to cuddle. Like a cat tho, has already attacked me for wrong spot to scratch so I'm almost sure he's a roo lol

One of my new layers leaves me these lil eggs lol

A lot of people on a meat thread were having issue with bunnies eating their young.
Each had an underlying cause (stress, predator near, malnutrition) but was becoming a daily posting by different people :th
I found this and laughed so hard...still do. I'm posted it and was flogged. :gig only one like n and that was on our own page by our Southern Fairy Godmother! :lau so I don't think it counts!

In other news...rabbit bucks throw blanks in high heat. Why didn't I know this before? Ug.
And my eldest bucks hips are hopped out, time to eat him. :( he's getting lame in his hind quarters from a bad hip and vet says its age (over 5 vet thinks we should dispatch, large breeds tend to poop out sooner) hmmmm I'm stalling, hubby mentioned it again last week lol

I lost my favorite chicken :'( my ameraucana.
Found her dead in the coop. Rip Blondie.
She was my morning chicken hugger.

Oh no! I'm so sorry!!
Also, I thought the pic was funny too. Lol

I thought I'd share this in case anyone might want to go

Man, i was looking for this yesterday, i never know how to find out when it is, not that it would do me any good, they always have it when i am offshore. They should stagger them from month to month. But on the bright side, i am getting 20 eggs a day, still have about 40 that haven't started yet.

This pullet broke her beak, I thought it was growing back but it has either quit or it's just taking forever. Is there anything I can give her to help the beak grow?

I feel sorry for one of my new layers, she laid this humongus egg today, i dont have scales to weight it, guess i could get in my truck and drive offer traffic scales to see how much it weighs,
ep.gif

The other 2 are large eggs, we are getting 5 or 6 like the one in the middle every day,

This is one of my rescue chicks, he deicide to start crowing yesterday, he crowed for 10 minutes, he is going to be a handsome man one day, i think he will be for sale.

I added you to Tullos group on fb. I'll sure be glad when more of mine get started. I've been tryn to wait a bit before I hatch any more too. I've had the FBCM roo in yard a month now with my hens. But the amercana roo is maturing too. Caught it breeding the pullets that aren't even laying yet lol. Wonder what kind of mutts I might get

Man, i was looking for this yesterday, i never know how to find out when it is, not that it would do me any good, they always have it when i am offshore. They should stagger them from month to month. But on the bright side, i am getting 20 eggs a day, still have about 40 that haven't started yet.

I added you to Tullos group on fb. I'll sure be glad when more of mine get started. I've been tryn to wait a bit before I hatch any more too. I've had the FBCM roo in yard a month now with my hens. But the amercana roo is maturing too. Caught it breeding the pullets that aren't even laying yet lol. Wonder what kind of mutts I might get
Never know, it like Forest Gumps box of chaclates, you just never know what you goin to get.

Back
Top Bottom