"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

3 white-ish MY Amerucanas
1 brown/black & 1 brown/rust
I will feather sex tomorrow.

You are So sweet. I finally had my girls in pairs: 2 Ametcaunas, 2 RIR and 2 Black Star. I live in a subdivision and I'm really pressing my luck with 6 chickens. But, when I only had one RIR the others picked on her, so Angelici gave me another RIR. now, since Selena died, I was thinking I should get a Black Star to be company for the now solo Black Star. What do you guys think? Is it better to have breed buddies?

I don't think having chickens of the same breed matters. But with chicks I like to always have at least 2 and it helps if there is not a huge size difference. Like putting a super large, large fowl with a super tiny bantam. Sometimes those big guys just run right over the little ones.

OhTerri I LOVE your new little tri cocker, so adorable! I got a new English Springer Spaniel the begening of this week as well, her name is Maggie :) Such beautiful dogs :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome from everyone, my lil flock is 1 peekin, 2 peeking crosses and 4 mix hens....:) They are just so darn cute :)

The last pic is of my Mac caring for the ducks when they were babies...he took over on me and is an awesome duck herder and caretaker :) He loves him, some ducks :)

Last edited:
OhTerri I LOVE your new little tri cocker, so adorable! I got a new English Springer Spaniel the begening of this week as well, her name is Maggie :) Such beautiful dogs :)

Thanks so much for the warm welcome from everyone, my lil flock is 1 peekin, 2 peeking crosses and 4 mix hens....:) They are just so darn cute :)

The last pic is of my Mac caring for the ducks when they were babies...he took over on me and is an awesome duck herder and caretaker :) He loves him, some ducks :)

Beautiful little Springer pup & love your youngsters too -- Mac is such a good boy! mine love the young poultry also.

For all of you that just want local fertile hatching eggs to whet your appetite for hatching, increase your layer flock with good backyard cross's of brown layers, or want to add color to your egg gather, contact me and I will provide you with high fertility rate eggs, I have olive egg layers, blue egg layers, brown, tan, cream. We hatched 21 of 23 in Jan. and hoping to beat that this month, we have (FBCM Roo over EE.OE,) (Golden Coo Coo Marans Roo, Ameracaunas non SOP Roo and CCL Roo) over( Barred rock, golden coo coo marans, marans, Dominique's, RSL and BSL hens) All are LF breeds

For all of you that just want local fertile hatching eggs to whet your appetite for hatching, increase your layer flock with good backyard cross's of brown layers, or want to add color to your egg gather, contact me and I will provide you with high fertility rate eggs, I have olive egg layers, blue egg layers, brown, tan, cream. We hatched 21 of 23 in Jan. and hoping to beat that this month, we have  (FBCM Roo over EE.OE,) (Golden Coo Coo Marans Roo, Ameracaunas non SOP Roo and CCL Roo) over( Barred rock, golden coo coo marans, marans, Dominique's, RSL and BSL hens) All are LF breeds

Interested in your Amerucana blue egg layer eggs... How much for a 6+ order??? What color chockens and Roos did the eggs come from. Im looking to add a lighter color to my flick. I have 6 lavender ones in my bator now... just let me know.

Back
Top Bottom