"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Happy T. Hope everyone enjoyed the day
smile.png

Hello everyone! Today is day 20 for my micro hatch (3 eggs) and we have 2 pips!!! I checked on them early this morning and all was well, temp good and humidity was 66%. Just got back home and checked on them and the humidity had dropped to 37!! I quickly raised it back up to 70, do yall think they will be ok? The humidity couldnt have been low for more than a few hours....thanks

Hello everyone! Today is day 20 for my micro hatch (3 eggs) and we have 2 pips!!! I checked on them early this morning and all was well, temp good and humidity was 66%. Just got back home and checked on them and the humidity had dropped to 37!! I quickly raised it back up to 70, do yall think they will be ok? The humidity couldnt have been low for more than a few hours....thanks

I know nothing about it, but hope it all turns out well.

Love them! I can get pics tomorrow, but half my flock has pox. :(

Correct me if I'm wrong please, but didn't your guys and gals get pox last year? I had one contract it, I inoculated all my chicks and adults and have been lucky, know on wood! No more problems since!

How are you dealing with it or addressing it! Just curious ! It took forever , about 6 weeks, for the one to get rid of it.

Yes they did! Last year the flock all had wet pox and it was just terrible. What I kept of last year's flock (adults) did not get pox this year. However more than half of my pullets (Easter hatch and younger) got the dry pox. One got wet pox and I immediately isolated her in my bathroom, but nothing else. Some had scabs and some had snotty noses, but no lesions.

This year I didn't do anything for it, except for moving the one inside for several weeks. The lesions weren't nearly as disgusting, just looked like pox instead of like warty cauliflower. And it seemed like only the girls with biggest combs were affected; EEs and orp mixes, and the younger pullets) had very few if any scabs.

I'm treating one EE with tylan for an eye/respiratory thing, probably related to pox.

Did I cover everything? :)

I am also not an expert, but I would think it should be okay. Just check out the assisted hatching post on BYC just in case.

I'll post some pics I took last week before we left. I was building new nest boxes and the girls were supervising.

Lone surviving biddy. She was cold!

Guineas and their mama. They're not tame, but they like to be underfoot.

Sussex/orp mixes

Sussex/australorp

Sussex hens. They molted and one is coming in PERFECT. The guinea mama is coming in much too white. :(

My little farmhands!

Back
Top Bottom