"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

View attachment 1048423 View attachment 1048425

We hurried and got the coop's roof on yesterday in anticipation of the rain and wind. The brooder should be protected from the storm for now, and is three feet off the ground. We didn't flood in August but just in case the chicks are safe. Once the rain stops we'll be starting on the roof of the runs.

Looking good! Here's a pic of some of your chicks.

Attachments

• IMG_1219.JPG
    IMG_1219.JPG
    932.2 KB · Views: 5
With the storm coming thru our area in the next few days I hope everyone is prepped for the worst just in case. I'm hoping we don't have awful floods again but at the first sign of standing water I am moving my hens under my patio.

Anyone else worried about the rain coming in this week?
Yeah we flood good here in stm

I'm not looking forward to the power being out for the next couple days but things could be worse. The new chicks are old enough that they don't need the heat lamp anymore, so they'll be ok.
Stay safe everybody and good luck.

I don't have chickens yet, YET :). But this was a huge concern of mine as my backyard and patio did flood last Aug (for days it held water). That of course was unusual flooding. I'll use this as a gauge to see how high up I need to go with the coop. I hope everyone and their chickens stay safe!

I don't have chickens yet, YET :). But this was a huge concern of mine as my backyard and patio did flood last Aug (for days it held water). That of course was unusual flooding. I'll use this as a gauge to see how high up I need to go with the coop. I hope everyone and their chickens stay safe!

I have a camera on my coop that I am watching very closely from work today. The Aug floods really hit Baton Rouge hard last year but my yard did not get any water but I still will be keeping a very close eye on everything. Neighborhoods on both side of mine flooded so I am on a little hill that will hopefully keep my chicks safe.

Back
Top Bottom