"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

IMG_1299.JPG
IMG_1447.JPG
Hi, guys. Just checking in. When they changed the site it threw me and I sort of gave up on it. I've had some chicken death to a predator. Out of eight babies, only one survived. Her name is Pretty Girl and she's a spoiled chicken. That's her in the sling. Pam gave me five babies. Three were boys and two girls. Gave two boys to Christina and still have one, and the two girls. They are happy for now. I took the boy out in the country to a friend of a friend and didn't like the set up and brought him home. I'm not a farmer, I'm a chicken lover and my little boy wasn't going to be there. Later.

Attachments

• New Image.BMP
    New Image.BMP
    217.2 KB · Views: 1
Beautiful bird, and I love the pic with the open mouth!

View attachment 1142830 View attachment 1142831 Hi, guys. Just checking in. When they changed the site it threw me and I sort of gave up on it. I've had some chicken death to a predator. Out of eight babies, only one survived. Her name is Pretty Girl and she's a spoiled chicken. That's her in the sling. Pam gave me five babies. Three were boys and two girls. Gave two boys to Christina and still have one, and the two girls. They are happy for now. I took the boy out in the country to a friend of a friend and didn't like the set up and brought him home. I'm not a farmer, I'm a chicken lover and my little boy wasn't going to be there. Later.

View attachment 1142830 View attachment 1142831 Hi, guys. Just checking in. When they changed the site it threw me and I sort of gave up on it. I've had some chicken death to a predator. Out of eight babies, only one survived. Her name is Pretty Girl and she's a spoiled chicken. That's her in the sling. Pam gave me five babies. Three were boys and two girls. Gave two boys to Christina and still have one, and the two girls. They are happy for now. I took the boy out in the country to a friend of a friend and didn't like the set up and brought him home. I'm not a farmer, I'm a chicken lover and my little boy wasn't going to be there. Later.

Good to see you again! :hugs

What cleaning methods do you suggest to prevent this? I have ducks and am so paranoid about them getting sick or being unhealthy. I'm constantly worrying about any strange poos I see. I clean their pond every two days, but the ducks like to play in the dumped, dirty water. I clean their bedding in their coop every three or four- they're only in it at night really. They get fresh food everyday but are messy and once a mold/fungi started on the ground overnight so I dug it up and placed a stone over it so they ducks didn't have access to it. I hose off the ground when I clean their pond, but they just have an outdoor duck yard, so no special mats or anything, just a dirt/grass ground. Same for their coop, it is a dirt ground with bedding on top.
lil late but virkon S will disinfect everything including mereks

15220.jpg

Hey. I'm from the Zachary area, just north of Baton Rouge. I'm looking for anyone with some porcelain d'uccle chickens for sale. Thanks!

NPIP Certification

I'm working on my NPIP certification.

Anyone on here have any advice for me on the NPIP inspection process?

I'm talking with the lady who schedules them and we are going through what the inspection process entails.

I really want to get it right for when they come.

Any advice is appreciated!

It's not that big of a deal. The state vet did test every one of my birds (30 or so) when I got my NPIP cert a couple of years ago. Took an hour or so. They test for AI

Back
Top Bottom