"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
I'm going to get more information. Just found out a guy I work with's Dad & Uncle owns it. So he texted me earlier with the price. When I go there I'll find out everything he sells and the prices!! "K"

Oh, thank you so much. It's getting hard finding reasonable prices but at the same time good feed. The days of me buying tons of feed at a time is long gone, so if I could find a feed store with reasonable prices, I could purchase a few tons (equivalent bags of feed) every couple of months and I wouldn't have to continue to go to the feed store every few weeks.

Please let me know if you find out anything. I sure do appreciate that.

Not a problem.
wink.png

Quote:
It all depends on your local market, the quality of your stock, etc. If you get a chance, look up CottageRose on here. She has the best IMO. I am hoping to get some goslings from her next year
smile.png
I don't know if I would pay more than $100 each for Jordans. That is just me though.

Quote:
I've never sold any; however, sebbies that are a few months old will typically sell for $75.00 or more. I paid $65.00 each for the sebbies I bought in Missouri that were just a couple days old. Solid whites sell for $40 - $50 for day olds.

WOW!! You know I've looked at her website before and she has some beautiful birds!! I just never looked at the prices!!
ep.gif

It seems like a lot of people are getting into the Sebbies, and I have a feeling that it is going to drive the price down considerably. It's all about supply and demand!

Quote:
It all depends on your local market, the quality of your stock, etc. If you get a chance, look up CottageRose on here. She has the best IMO. I am hoping to get some goslings from her next year
smile.png
I don't know if I would pay more than $100 each for Jordans. That is just me though.

Quote:
WOW!! You know I've looked at her website before and she has some beautiful birds!! I just never looked at the prices!!
ep.gif

It seems like a lot of people are getting into the Sebbies, and I have a feeling that it is going to drive the price down considerably. It's all about supply and demand!

It's like any other of the birds we raise -- we don't raise them for the money but rather because we like the breed. I love the sebbies!

Quote:
smile.png

Quote:
ep.gif

Yea, more and more people are getting them. I know that I have wanted some for about 5 years but I could never find anyone local until I met you all.

Quote:
smile.png

ep.gif

Yea, more and more people are getting them. I know that I have wanted some for about 5 years but I could never find anyone local until I met you all.

lol i thought they were awesome but hubby said heck no because the neighbors goose is mean !! lol but maybe one day someone may adopt me lol
fl.gif

Hello friends!

I haven't been able to log on for 3 days. I have about 30 pages to read tonight to catch up, meanwhile I hope everyone is doing well and having a good week!

I posted our new chicken coop on my blog, if anyone wants to check it out and let me know what you think. I like our little coop for our few chickens! The only problem is that it makes me want MORE CHICKENS and a BIGGER COOP!!!

I think you can just click on the "website" link under my name, but here is the link if not:

http://chickenscratchfreerangethoughts.blogspot.com/

Now I have a lot of reading to do...

I was going to say "good night," but it seems as if most of you get on here early in the morning (could it be all those roosters out there???!!) so I will say...

Good Morning everyone!

Quote:
smile.png

ep.gif

It's like any other of the birds we raise -- we don't raise them for the money but rather because we like the breed. I love the sebbies!

VERY true!! Just didn't have a clue....

Quote:
smile.png

ep.gif

Me too!! I saw them for the first time on my fav gardening show P. Allen Smith Garden Home. He has the pure white ones!!

Quote:
smile.png

ep.gif

I have a question about how you keep them. Do they have just a fenced in area?? What kinda of housing do they need?? I know they don't roost like a chicken so what do you use? A building of some sort?? Sorry for so many questions!!

Back
Top Bottom