"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Introducing the 3 stooges.

Last edited:
Well, I'm back after being gone for 9 weeks. The grand kids have literally had me tied up like in Gulliver's Travels!

What did I miss besides the 775 posts that I have to catch up on? I did a quick scan and have to say,
that is a freakish amount of rain,
congrats on the refrigerated turkey egg hatch,
that's a beautiful stray Muscovy (lucky you),
put some anti-bacterial ointment on the arm and cull the rooster (IMHO), &
congrats on the hatches!

Now to go rest my eyes and do catch up tomorrow and actually READ some post. Going to set eggs tomorrow also (second attempt).

Blessing to all BCY'ers , I missed the forum so much.

G'nite!

Welcome BACK !!!!!!!!! Sound like you had fun with the grandkids.

Get caught up with us and let us catch up with you and Gulliver's Travel. :lau

Morning all!

Someone around here (I won't mention any names) has got to get some peahens laying!  I need EGGS!  I am also willing to drive to pick up any pairs for sale.  Somehow folks have found my website that is not yet advertised and I've had people texting and emailing me asking for peafowl. 

More and more hens starting to lay now.  Just wish I could stop the chosen few from laying in the mud!  Spent all that time and effort building nice coops and nests and all ya want to do is park your rear in the mud?!?  Geez...:tongue

Benchmark testing for third graders today at work.  Long, slow, boring day.

Congrats on all of the contacts. Sounds like you will be busy as a ChickBee. :gig

So you have some that lay in the mud???????? :th

Morning all!

Someone around here (I won't mention any names) has got to get some peahens laying!  I need EGGS!  I am also willing to drive to pick up any pairs for sale.  Somehow folks have found my website that is not yet advertised and I've had people texting and emailing me asking for peafowl. 

More and more hens starting to lay now.  Just wish I could stop the chosen few from laying in the mud!  Spent all that time and effort building nice coops and nests and all ya want to do is park your rear in the mud?!?  Geez...:tongue

Benchmark testing for third graders today at work.  Long, slow, boring day.

lol my pea boys are agreeing with you but the pea girls are saying "it's still winter - -not ready to lay eggs yet"!
I'm ready for them to start laying too!

Me 2 Terri. Every evening I check their palace last since they lay late in the evening but nothing. I open the aviary door and they look at me as to say, "She's back again. What does she want this time"? I WANT EGGS!!!! That's what I want!!!! :p

Congrats on all of the contacts. Sounds like you will be busy as a ChickBee.
gig.gif

So you have some that lay in the mud????????
th.gif
Yep...nice, soupy, thick brown mud. Idiots. I have two of them that just run around their run looking for a nice bit of muck to dig in. They dig for ages and then commence to dropping their bottoms in the wet holes. You'd think they'd learn a thing or two from the hens with dry bums who KNOW WHERE THE NESTS ARE! I've tried sweet talking and fussing...nothing is working for these two gals.

Congrats on all of the contacts. Sounds like you will be busy as a ChickBee. :gig

So you have some that lay in the mud???????? :th

Yep...nice, soupy, thick brown mud.  Idiots.  I have two of them that just run around their run looking for a nice bit of muck to dig in.  They dig for ages and then commence to dropping their bottoms in the wet holes.  You'd think they'd learn a thing or two from the hens with dry bums who KNOW WHERE THE NESTS ARE!  I've tried sweet talking and fussing...nothing is working for these two gals.

:yuckyuck

:lau

WOW!! Unbelievable! :gig

I have to snicker inwardly when I read your line "I only want 2 to start with"
lau.gif
gig.gif
Yep....I said something like that, too. Here I am 76 chickens later with another 60 something eggs in the incubators and more eggs coming next week!

Go ahead and practice now, " My name is Sayruh and I'm addicted to chickens."
wee.gif
Bwahaha! I made the mistake of reading about "chicken math" to Hubby last night and now he is worried. He is being nice though, he wants us to have a good coop and run in place to keep predators away before I bring home any chicks. Which is fine, but it means I'm going to have to really push to get it built if I want my little chicks anytime soon.
tongue.gif
I have a large doghouse with a hinged back that I wanted to use as the coop anyway, it just needs some work to convert it and a run built around it.

Quick question do any of you let your Chickens 'free range' during the day while you are at work? I let me out in the afternoons. When I was off for mardi GRAS I left them out all day. Can I leave them out while I'm at work? I know the risk of hawks. I have 4 11week old barred rocks with their right wing trimmed. They are not likely to jump the fence. My backyard is about 75' x 75'.

Back
Top Bottom