"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I'm thinking my Polish is running a fever. Slightly panting, and holding wings out and down away from body. Is there something I should give her? Very worried.

I'm probably the last person that should be answering but no one has answered so I would try apple cider vinegar in water it really is a cure all and the other thing is yogurt . Hope this helps. Pam

I'm probably the last person that should be answering but no one has answered so I would try apple cider vinegar in water it really is a cure all and the other thing is yogurt . Hope this helps. Pam

Pam, I'm like you and probably shouldn't answer, but generally the experts on here have said the same thing and it has cured mine, but mine have never had a fever.

I started a thread in emergencies and someone suggested that I use corid because they thought it was coccidiosis. That I should use a preventative until 9 mos. of age. I sure am confused. I did give her some greek yogurt and put the ACV in their water. I appreciate the help. At this point, I'm not sure what I will find in the morning, and will probably make a trip out there tonight to check on her. Stubbie Nubbie is a favorite, and this will hit hard after losing a great grandfather a few months ago, a dog to cancer, one mare while foaling and one mare to old age. It's been a hard year and the chickens have brought such joy. I'm sad that we are having this lesson only 6 months into our journey. Sometimes life deals some hard lessons.

I started a thread in emergencies and someone suggested that I use corid because they thought it was coccidiosis.  That I should use a preventative until 9 mos. of age.  I sure am confused.  I did give her some greek yogurt and put the ACV in their water.  I appreciate the help.  At this point, I'm not sure what I will find in the morning, and will probably make a trip out there tonight to check on her.  Stubbie Nubbie is a favorite, and this will hit hard after losing a great grandfather a few months ago, a dog to cancer, one mare while foaling and one mare to old age.  It's been a hard year and the chickens have brought such joy.  I'm sad that we are having this lesson only 6 months into our journey.  Sometimes life deals some hard lessons.

I used the Corid but that was when there was diarrhea and blood in the stool. Like you I used it for a while after that. But you gave her ACV and yogurt and I have really had a miracle turn around with that. I have a natural remedies sheet, actually 3 sheets. If you want to PM me your cell, I can try to take photos of the sheets and send them to you. A lot of the remedies are things you'd probably have around.

I used the Corid but that was when there was diarrhea and blood in the stool. Like you I used it for a while after that. But you gave her ACV and yogurt and I have really had a miracle turn around with that. I have a natural remedies sheet, actually 3 sheets. If you want to PM me your cell, I can try to take photos of the sheets and send them to you. A lot of the remedies are things you'd probably have around.

Try this: countryfarms-lifestyles.com

There were some very simple tips on "if your chicken has this problem then do this" list. It looked good.

I'm assuming reds are RIRs, but what are WRs?
You have too many bantams!
Yep Terry your right, I have way to many Bantams right now. I'm going to sell all the Barred Rock Bantams and all the Black Rock Bantams very soon. Then just maybe keep the 4 other breeds of bantams for now with the 2 Lg fowl breeds I have and see how that goes. Do you want any? lol!!!

WR's are White Rocks

Chris

Just wanted to share. I did this drawing yesterday on a 9 x 12 bristol plate paper. It's done in pencil, ink, marker, and colored pencil. I hope to get this matted and framed and it will be donated as a raffle prize at the show in Baton Rouge.
I have several different designs featuring different Fleur de Lis and other breeds of birds. All I need is time to do one or two more in time for the show. Hopefully, we can earn a couple bucks from them!

Just wanted to share. I did this drawing yesterday on a 9 x 12 bristol plate paper. It's done in pencil, ink, marker, and colored pencil. I hope to get this matted and framed and it will be donated as a raffle prize at the show in Baton Rouge.
I have several different designs featuring different Fleur de Lis and other breeds of birds. All I need is time to do one or two more in time for the show. Hopefully, we can earn a couple bucks from them!

Beautiful job!

Sadly, Stubbie Nubbie did not make it through the night. This morning I heard two others sneeze. Someone in the emergencies thread suggested coccidiosis because they were 6 months old. Should I treat all of them with corid? Or, is there something else I should use? There are no "symptoms". The one we lost got quiet, started panting and holding her wings down and away from her body.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Laurie

Back
Top Bottom