"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Jim swears the reason our fig trees are so prolific is because they're close to the field lines from our septic tank. I try not to think about that....

Fig trees are easy. Mine isn't anywhere near our sewage treatment plant. No septic tanks allowed here anymore. I don't even fertilize mine and it does good. I am going to put uncomposted chicken poo on my bananas. Angel said it works and she got more fruit from her trees than I did. Hope it does well

Fig trees are easy. Mine isn't anywhere near our sewage treatment plant. No septic tanks allowed here anymore. I don't even fertilize mine and it does good. I am going to put uncomposted chicken poo on my bananas. Angel said it works and she got more fruit from her trees than I did. Hope it does well

We're moving our banana trees tomorrow in the hopes they'll bear bananas in the future!

during the heat of the summer, my chickens hand out under my satsuma trees during the hotest part of the day, and poop tends to pile up under there. i only have 2 satsuma trees but they are huge, every year we get about 600 to 1000 satsumas off those trees and they are the sweetest i ever tried, so that poop must be doing something right lol
idunno.gif

Can anyone tell me why can people buy deer sausage in the store but not the rest of the deer meat?
idunno.gif
Will tell ya what I know UP HERE... mind you, going by state laws is one thing and even city laws are another thing in Louisiana Parishes are even another. We are not allowed legally to sell deer meat in any form. Deer sausage is available to be made at deer processors when you bring them a deer YOU killed. Even donated deer meat was comfiscated and thrown away at the homeless shelter in Shreveport by police. It would encourage the killing of too many deer in the state is what I just read.... seeing as there is a legal limit on how many bucks and how many does are able to be killed each year per hunting license holder. Doug's is 6; 3 doe, 3 bucks. I am assuming it is a state law... but anyway, that is what I read the reason is round here.

Will tell ya what I know UP HERE... mind you, going by state laws is one thing and even city laws are another thing in Louisiana Parishes are even another. We are not allowed legally to sell deer meat in any form. Deer sausage is available to be made at deer processors when you bring them a deer YOU killed. Even donated deer meat was comfiscated and thrown away at the homeless shelter in Shreveport by police. It would encourage the killing of too many deer in the state is what I just read.... seeing as there is a legal limit on how many bucks and how many does are able to be killed each year per hunting license holder. Doug's is 6; 3 doe, 3 bucks. I am assuming it is a state law... but anyway, that is what I read the reason is round here.
Actually, DH asked if you would check on the lable and see the percentage of actual venison is in there. Sausage usually means pork is mixed in, would love to hear...

Back
Top Bottom