"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Soooooo tired and just got to work :gig

Kids had doc well check appointments, they're perfect yay! :) it made for hours of new stuff for them tho because we don't see doctors lol well hubby and I do but kids only go for check ups for school enrollment. They don't get sick often. Docs love taking all the tests they can while they got us tho :th

Hubby surprised me with 4 new fluffybutts ! He called from the feed store and said they have " A barred rock pullet, rir pullet, ameraucana pullet (EE!) & a leghorn cross with beard? Lol- hmmm "ideal number blah blah blah" they're good layers what's your fav? I was sorta in shock and said "huh?" And he said I know and hung up :lau Good layers is what we care about! So he came home with one of each, YAY! Here's two (ee & ideal chick -forgot # I'll browse their site later maybe I'll ID it I'm assuming ideal hatchery is the feed stores order place lol)

Cleaned out the rabbitry and saw Cracker, one of our does making a nest! Nooooo! Waaaaaaiiiit! It the coldest night of Spring! Why NOW? You betta hold them in girly!

10 minutes later she had at least 6! , 7 maybe but didn't want a draft to get them so let them be :th they neva listen. Hopefully they do just fine. They are sheltered and we put the side tarps down to block winds and a blanket over the mamas cages just for extra draft protection. Maaan I hope they make it. Mama did great! Even let me peek without taking a finger! (Cracker loves us, unless her babies are close, then she becomes wicked protective. But she seems to have mellowed out a bit this litter :) I don't want her to lose them over an hour or two in the 30's tonight...uh she loves her space too, she will be uber p%#$ed if I move her.

Now you can ask your hubby who's the dork now? One of each ! They are all good layers. I've had or have all but the leghorn cross.

Soooooo tired and just got to work :gig

Kids had doc well check appointments, they're perfect yay! :) it made for hours of new stuff for them tho because we don't see doctors lol well hubby and I do but kids only go for check ups for school enrollment. They don't get sick often. Docs love taking all the tests they can while they got us tho :th

Hubby surprised me with 4 new fluffybutts ! He called from the feed store and said they have " A barred rock pullet, rir pullet, ameraucana pullet (EE!) & a leghorn cross with beard? Lol- hmmm "ideal number blah blah blah" they're good layers what's your fav? I was sorta in shock and said "huh?" And he said I know and hung up :lau Good layers is what we care about! So he came home with one of each, YAY! Here's two (ee & ideal chick -forgot # I'll browse their site later maybe I'll ID it I'm assuming ideal hatchery is the feed stores order place lol)

Cleaned out the rabbitry and saw Cracker, one of our does making a nest! Nooooo! Waaaaaaiiiit! It the coldest night of Spring! Why NOW? You betta hold them in girly!

10 minutes later she had at least 6! , 7 maybe but didn't want a draft to get them so let them be :th they neva listen. Hopefully they do just fine. They are sheltered and we put the side tarps down to block winds and a blanket over the mamas cages just for extra draft protection. Maaan I hope they make it. Mama did great! Even let me peek without taking a finger! (Cracker loves us, unless her babies are close, then she becomes wicked protective. But she seems to have mellowed out a bit this litter :) I don't want her to lose them over an hour or two in the 30's tonight...uh she loves her space too, she will be uber p%#$ed if I move her.

I love baby bunnies. Hope all goes well tonight. Who would have thought the 30's April 15 in BR?? I think it will break records. Do we need to get out the frozen man?? Lol

NEW BUNNY BABIES!!! And that awesome hubby bringing chicks home.... ROCK ON DUDE! You are GREAT!!!!! (share tips to other men anytime dude, anytime)

Then we have funeral directors and dying eggs... HILARIOUS!

Hope everyone is batting down the hatches cause it looks like another weird *** night of Louisiana weather!!!

OH MY GOSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My Boston Terrier, Molly, just tried to get my chicks to nurse??!!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!!??!!?!?!?!?!

idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif
idunno.gif

Brought them in the living room so I could clean out the brooder and let 'daddy' see our new color patterns on em all, and Molly laid down, and scooted them with her paws, actually quite gently, in the direction of her nips! They snuggled there, and she is laying there waiting, every so often scooting on them to entice I guess....
MY DOG NEEDS THERAPY? Well that answers my question if she was ready for a litter this summer. WTH????

Just wanted to drop in to say hello. :frow I have been pretty absent these last weeks. It may be a few more days before I get back to a routine. When I feed my girls or give them snacks, even though, I am only down sized by 2, it feels like more. I am looking forward to spending more time with them. My 4 little peeps are no longer peeps but baby chicks, adventurous and are doing will.

I am so going to mess my girls, but I fell it is for the best. It would be too stressful to ask full grown hens and pullets to adjust to life on the road. Starting with all chicks, then selecting the 3 most calm and best adjust pullets to keep is best. I am a little nerves about having to learn to edit video, something very new. I will make it part of my travel adventure.

I am sick at the thought of shot ting someone's pet... BUT! I become furious at someone's pet killing live stock or other pets. That is when I for one will do bodily harm to the dog/cat. Fallowed by to the owner for their part in making the unfortunate situation take place by letting their do run lose.

I hope everything goes well in your travels. Try to plan for everything that could go wrong. that way if it does you have a plan.Be safe!

Back
Top Bottom