"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I picked up two more chickens to add to my flock. They are one year old black ameraucana chickens. I have had them separated and am now ready to introduce them to the rest of the flock. One of the chickens has some feather loss around her head. It looks like feathers are growing back now. I want to make sure it is normal and get some advice from the BYC community.

I hope to get some more pictures up tonight of my recent chicken coop addition.

Last edited:

Long weekend of hard work, fun surprises, great food and lots of pool time - for heat stroke avoidance...not necessarily lounging :gig more like dip and back to work :lau

Surprise! A young doe in a grow out cage met a young buck in the cage next to it...no bars keep them apart I see :th but she did great. No nest box was in but she piled up fur and hay and did great over night. I just had to scoop her nest up whole and put it in a box. She's happy and relaxing now

Life a peach...my mother's day peach tree is full if life! It's only 3 years old :)

I picked up two more chickens to add to my flock. They are one year old black ameraucana chickens. I have had them separated and am now ready to introduce them to the rest of the flock. One of the chickens has some feather loss around her head. It looks like feathers are growing back now. I want to make sure it is normal and get some advice from the BYC community. I hope to get some more pictures up tonight of my recent chicken coop addition.
I thought ameraucana's had ear tufts and bread or muff?

Last edited:
I thought ameraucana's had ear tufts and bread or muff?

They do have beaded comb and tuffs. Here are my Amercaunas.

The beads are flat and clearly formed in two rows. I fear those are not Amercaunas, maybe Amercauna mixes. They will be beautiful. You'll enjoy them.

Can I clean my coops with a diluted chlorox mix?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom