"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

SO HAPPY with the way our back yard looks now! We got rid of the old rotten fig tree - golly, I had no idea that sucker was taking up so much room -- everything is so open now! Our burn pile is as big as our house - going to have one heck of a weenie roast one of these days.

Getting the "hatch" fever but trying to contain it. Still no brown eggs, just blue & green ones. What is going on with my brown egg layers? some are still in moult but most are growing feathers back....boosted the protein level in their feed, maybe that'll help. On the other hand, maybe they are just too old now. Might be time to start the next generation...

I've called & texted too & also no response. I don't get it. Something happened. I don't stay on as much as I used to but I'll try to get back on a more regular basis.

Terri, you are an important voice here. Remember splitting our sides over pages of comments about CatDaddy chasing your gineas while drinking Kuntrygirl's wine at your house. Bou ya. We would daily pop out 10 or more pages of coffee spitting crazy humor. If you missed a day, you couldn't even catch up. Maybe all our employers got together to put a halt to it. Lol.

Terri, you are an important voice here. Remember splitting our sides over pages of comments about CatDaddy chasing your gineas while drinking Kuntrygirl's wine at your house. Bou ya. We would daily pop out 10 or more pages of coffee spitting crazy humor. If you missed a day, you couldn't even catch up. Maybe all our employers got together to put a halt to it. Lol.
Don't forget the t-shirts!!! lol... Wow, we had some rants. Poor Jeff!

My oldest (turned 13 end of July) and is in 7th grade. He has started going to the Friday night Varsity football games at the school he will be going to next year. So, this means I am now going to Friday night Varsity football games. I think I'm too old for this! lol... Then after a late night Saturday, we had 5 boys over Saturday night for a bonfire, games of "ghost in the graveyard" and a sleepover. I was the "adult supervision". I had my kindle, and a glass of wine out by the fire. Plus, there was a horse show just down the road, so there was live music too. Not a bad Saturday night. Once I got everyone in the house, I went to bed around 11:30 and they were still going strong. They're a great group of boys. I had forgotten just how late boys can stay up.
On Sunday, my husband had the idea to go out in the boat. There's something about going out in the boat. As soon as my boys (husband included) get on the boat, they are STARVING!!!! It's a good thing I always pack a ton of food. You'd thing we were on a 3 hour tour! lol...

On the chicken front, most of my girls are growing back their feathers. We had a hard molt and psychological issues. They had mites earlier this year...they DO NOT have mites any longer, but THEY thought they did. It was a LONG road. They have also started finding hiding spots for their eggs in the two solidly pack stalls of square bales. So, this means every day I get to crawl up into the hay and look for the dang eggs!! I know that I'm missing some. Edna (EE) lay beautiful, large green eggs. I can't find hers. She's such a toot!!! They of course move their laying spot once I find it. My boys laugh at me, because I will try to crawl from one stall to the other on top of the hay, because I get tired of going up and down the ladders. I kinda got semi wedged one day. I think they got a little too much fun out of it!
hide.gif

I do think that I may have a bully hen. There are a couple of my girls that have thin spot on the back of their necks. They are getting feather shoots, but I still think I've got a bully. I think it might be one of my GLW. She's bigger and pretty vocal. I may pull her out and see how the flock does for a few days.

I'm done rambling now....lol...Hope everyone is doing well...

Congrats Jipus!!!!! So happy for you. I've only seen the one picture of the wedding (from behind). I can't wait to see more.

Also...we're getting close to BABY TIME....we need updates V!!!

Laurie

I don't about an important voice -- voice of insanity would be more like it!
ya.gif

SO HAPPY with the way our back yard looks now! We got rid of the old rotten fig tree - golly, I had no idea that sucker was taking up so much room -- everything is so open now! Our burn pile is as big as our house - going to have one heck of a weenie roast one of these days.

Getting the "hatch" fever but trying to contain it. Still no brown eggs, just blue & green ones. What is going on with my brown egg layers? some are still in moult but most are growing feathers back....boosted the protein level in their feed, maybe that'll help. On the other hand, maybe they are just too old now. Might be time to start the next generation...
cool deal on the fig tree, hope you get those brown eggs soon, i am trying to catch the hatch fever too, but so far i have kept it at bay
jumpy.gif

Just popping in for a minute. I think I have a rat in the run. A few days back I caught something digging up on the outside of the coop. I put my dog on it, and then my cat, with no success either way. Then today I went to check the feeders in the run and there's a hole RIGHT UNDERNEATH IT.

As if the poor things didn't have enough going on. I'm thinking of locking the cat in the run overnight. Otherwise, I don't really have any immediate ideas.

The 5k is Saturday. Maybe after that I can get some brains back. And speaking of... does anyone know where I could buy four blue eggs in the LC area before Friday? My neighbor up the road doesn't have anything but brown and white right now. Not an emergency, but I got a blue egg holder today and I thought brown and blue eggs would just be so pretty.

Thats weird, yea kuntrygirl use to stay on.

Flypen what's up, that's a Sweater stag for my avatar. I have Sweaters, Asil, one Hatch cock to cross with. What lines do u have?

I have Butchers, Leipers, Racey mugs, Black Velcros, Miner blues, a pair of Typewriters, Tascosa brownreds, and one Albany stag, a pair of High Noon hatch, I also have a pair of Murphys and a pair of Albanys coming from a friend in Miss. I really want another line of Hatch but I can't make a division on the one and maybe a line of kelsos
Eric

Last edited:
Flypen- cool, sounds like you have your hands full too lol. Oh I forgot I have a Spanish line I'm working on I'm gonna line breed, I have eight F1 generation bitties running around the yard.

TerriLaChicks- hatch you some, load up the bator lol

Pics from this weekend, Sunday morning was nice outside. I took a bunch of pics.
Curious eye

Stank eye

Bitties enjoying the woods

Sweater pullets from this year

Ok one more, my Asil brood cock, he is almost finished feathering out from molting.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom