"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

The good news is the farm innovators is working  without issue. I desperately hope I can hatch those 4 eggs from my olive egger Annabelle because of the bad news.... She is in serious trouble. When I let them out for the day she had a weird waddle so I scooped her up and he has a really severe prolapse and is egg bound. It's bad. I mean really, really bad. I'm not sure if we can save her. :hit

I truly think that problems like these are worse on chicken keepers than even when a predator attack. So sorry about your girl! :(

Last edited:
Quote:
Yes, I did the same thing when I ordered eggs from TX. I had the Ebay seller ship directly to her and she put bubble wrap around each egg. They were perfect. I paid a one time charge of $8 or so for one but you can order 10 for $60. Shipped free. Love them. Now I have the insert to use when I get ready to ship some. I sure wish I was closer to you, and in better health condition, I'd buy some of your cochin babies in a heartbeat. I'm looking for broodies later on. ha
I really wish you did live closer. Ihave so many chicks to sell or give away right now that it is unbelievable! I think I have a problem with hatching. Like an addiction to hatching, is there a such a thing? I have 20 something Amerucana chicks that are a month old and i have almost 10 Plus coachin.. uuhhgg.. I need to look into becoming a hatchery, lol

I really wish you did live closer. Ihave so many chicks to sell or give away right now that it is unbelievable! I think I have a problem with hatching. Like an addiction to hatching, is there a such a thing? I have 20 something Amerucana chicks that are a month old and i have almost 10 Plus coachin.. uuhhgg.. I need to look into becoming a hatchery, lol
oh yes. The hatching addiction is a very real thing. I hatched for a year straight! The only way I was even able to keep myself in check over the last year was to forsake BYC until I was in a position where it wouldn't be really foolish to keep hatching. As soon as I saw chick pics again I couldn't help myself anymore. Now I have another batch going. lol P.s. You're numbers aren't that bad yet, it can get much worse.
wink.png

Last edited:

Are you advertising them on any of the Facebook poultry sales pages. Lots of people like Cochin and the Ameraucana. People love those green eggs. And I do not think you should sell them cheap if they are good quality healthy birds. Then it can help pay your feed bill!

Last edited:
oh yes. The hatching addiction is a very real thing. I hatched for a year straight! The only way I was even able to keep myself in check over the last year was to forsake BYC until I was in a position where it wouldn't be really foolish to keep hatching. As soon as I saw chick pics again I couldn't help myself anymore. Now I have another batch going. lol  P.s. You're numbers aren't that bad yet, it can get much worse. ;)

Hi My name is Pam and I have a chicken addiction. I think I may be in the wrong Place For help tho. bawhahahahahaha!!!!! LMAO!!

Buggls praying your girl makes it.I've brought some back from the brink of death. She has a chance are you soaking her? Pam

Last edited:

WINTER IS OVER!! Y'all, seriously this is my first egg since thanksgiving. I can't decide if I want to crack it to check fertility, blow it out for a craft, or throw it in the bator! :lau. I bet amber white/SS babies would be pretty. :D

Back
Top Bottom