"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I thought about giving your info but they were looking local. I don't know how far you are from slidell. I can get a message to them my neighbor knows them but they want more than a roo. Pam

I'm 3.5 hours from Slidell at the moment. But my parents are moving to the Amite area mid-to-late summer, so I could meet in Hammond or so? I'm planning to have started pullets at the end of summer, and cockerels. I'm not planning to sell trios, because they would be related. Depending on how well my hatched go, I may have a waiting list.

There's a breeder in Hattiesburg with nice looking birds. They are too heavily speckled for my taste (from what I've seen on her website), but still nice. They can find her through Facebook, or the sussex club web page.

Last edited:
I noticed something funny looking on my gold laced polish chick. Is this a comb? It's the only one of the six like this. 4.5-5 weeks old. I also posted it in the breed/gender thread section.

I noticed something funny looking on my gold laced polish chick. Is this a comb? It's the only one of the six like this. 4.5-5 weeks old. I also posted it in the breed/gender thread section.

Looks like a comb to me. Hope it's the roo sence the others don't have it. I'll pass the info on to them.

i believe this is a roo...check out the pics....this may help
this pic is a roo....hes all giddy and geeked up....while the female below

this pic is a hen

hey is way cooler and friendlier then the hen thats for sure...when i held them both...she actually pecked at me .....lol...silly girl...she def is not looking happy and showed it...alot smaller then the roo above....and also the hair is way different...hers is alot smaller then his...very nice pair of birds tho...hope yours turns out like these they truly have their own personality...i cant put them in the free range with the other chickens...he would get his butt kicked...hes way to cocky...

Hi birdman nice coop how many cattle panels?
there is 3 .....50 inch panels making it 12 n 1/2 ft...

Me too. I've got an ear thing keeping me on the couches. Cleaning makes me dizzy. -wink wink nudge-

My hens have figured out how to go under the fence. There were six out earlier, so I just opened the gate so the roo could go out with them. Smart things. Maybe I should give them a pop door in my fence. :lau

Got a new angle on the broody:

I think she's got at least two pullet chicks, so that's good news. Husband heard me say "49 chickens" out loud the other day, and he got a bit panicked. So I'm under just a bit more pressure to trim the fat. ;)

I'm back and forth with taking about 15 chicks to the auction Friday night. If I wait til May, I'll know for sure if they're roos or not. Right now I'll be choosing based off leg thickness. I'd rather wait, obviously. I should go to the auction anyway, though, just to see how prices are. And they have a junk sale before the birds start, and there's usually something good on the cheap.

Back
Top Bottom