"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Pygmies, or other dwarfs, and not more than 3. How many does she have?

I'll go get a measure on what we're fencing for pasture. I posted in the goat thread but no answer yet.
Camping, I spoke with my Sister. She's back and forth on keeping her goats. So I guess they aren't available.
I'm sorry I opened my mouth.

Pygmies, or other dwarfs, and not more than 3. How many does she have?

I'll go get a measure on what we're fencing for pasture. I posted in the goat thread but no answer yet.

Camping, I spoke with my Sister. She's back and forth on keeping her goats. So I guess they aren't available.
I'm sorry I opened my mouth.

That's ok! We won't be ready for goats for a few months yet. I've still got learning to do... And the fence isn't up. :lol:

That's ok! We won't be ready for goats for a few months yet. I've still got learning to do... And the fence isn't up. :lol:

What are you keeping the goats for? A lady down the road from me uses goats milk to make homemade soap. It's really great soap! You can do all kind of things with the milk.

We're going to start with pets, because that's all the time I feel like I could commit right now. But I've been dreaming of milk goats for a few years now. So one day, maybe!

We're going to start with pets, because that's all the time I feel like I could commit right now. But I've been dreaming of milk goats for a few years now. So one day, maybe!

Im on that train too :) my main outlet would be to raise calves on the goats milk. i was going to offer to help u learn, becuz im learning too and how better than with someone else, but i cant offer very much. Did you see the nanny and kids ive taken in? Theyre my first Real experience. I can tell u i :love them but thats about all :D theyre finally not getting the penn shots anymore and theyre doing well! Its been fun, really.

One super plus; i intended to leave my chickens to have their egg break WO artificial lighting right? The heat lamp on the goats in the conjouining area has been enough to trigger the hens!

The kentwood auction house is a easy place to pick up cheap goats on Tuesdays.

Heres a link i think you'll like

https://fiascofarm.com/goats/kid-care.htm

Im on that train too :) my main outlet would be to raise calves on the goats milk. i was going to offer to help u learn, becuz im learning too and how better than with someone else, but i cant offer very much. Did you see the nanny and kids ive taken in? Theyre my first Real experience. I can tell u i :love them but thats about all :D theyre finally not getting the penn shots anymore and theyre doing well! Its been fun, really.

One super plus; i intended to leave my chickens to have their egg break WO artificial lighting right? The heat lamp on the goats in the conjouining area has been enough to trigger the hens!

The kentwood auction house is a easy place to pick up cheap goats on Tuesdays.

Heres a link i think you'll like

https://fiascofarm.com/goats/kid-care.htm

I know nothing about goats but just read in group that they need vit d. Pam

I have 4 Speckled Sussex hens that I am thinking of selling. I know that they lay. Two are about 7 months and two are about 5 months. How much should I sell them for? They Just don't seem to fit in with the other chickens I have.

Thought I would share some pictures of my babies now that they are all grown up. They are all rare breeds or rare heritage breeds :) I love them all, they are a joy! These are my bantam Barnvelders. I love the chevron lacing on the pullets and how proud the roosters look. These are my Lyonnaise. My rooster is fizzle. I cant wait to discover if the smooth or fizzle gene is dominant! The pullet lays 6-7 eggs a week and they are by far the most predator savvy breed I have! This big boy is Godzilla. He weighs 13 pounds and is a gentle giant. He is a black Langshan. I am planning on showing him, this is the one Rip looked at and I was encouraged by what he said. The black pullet next to him is a black Marans. The black and blue Marans tend to lay the darkest eggs. She is from Bev Davis through April Howington of Texas Marans. I bought her after I saw the eggs that April had won an egg show with at the Pearl River show. They are also just starting to get the blacks approved by the APA.I'm looking forward to showing her as well.There is also my Rhodebar rooster a Rees Legbar and a Rhodebar pullet as well. The Rhodebars are an auto sexing breed that lay tan eggs. I'll be using them to make some auto sexing easter eggers as well as more Rhodebars. This is the Rhodebar rooster, he's a bit blurry, but he is a very pretty boy! This is Goliath, brother to Godzilla. He is a blue Langshan. His color is quite excellent I am very happy with him. Godzilla when standing next to my turkey was only an inch or two shorter. This is really the largest breed I have ever seen! And my Cream Legbar rooster is right behind him. This is my blue Langshan pullet in the back, the rhodebar in the front. I have a blue and a black. They are all being separated out as soon as I finish my last pen, hopefully this weekend or next. My Barnvelders and Lyonnaise are already separated with eggs making their way into the incubator. :) So excited!:weee
Wow, those sure are some gorgeous boys!!!

Back
Top Bottom