"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Ok I'm setting eggs TOMORROW or whenever I get the 8th egg. Or maybe 9th. ;)

I've been weighing Lagertha's eggs, and they're gaining 2 grams about every third egg. She's up to 42g eggs now! I keep putting off moving them out because I'm afraid she'll take more time off. I want to get the bator set so then if she takes a break, I'll already have a clutch going.

:fl for fertile eggs!!

I've been weighing Lagertha's eggs, and they're gaining 2 grams about every third egg. She's up to 42g eggs now! I keep putting off moving them out because I'm afraid she'll take more time off. I want to get the bator set so then if she takes a break, I'll already have a clutch going.

I collect mine every day and they keep laying. My older hens laid all season last year. I'm starting to load my bator today.Pam

Last edited:

I collect mine every day and they keep laying. My older hens laid all season last year. I'm starting to load my bator today.Pam

Sorry, I meant moving the birds out of the house, not moving the eggs from the nest. The cockerel roosts on the one part that's slightly over the nest, so I clean the hay every morning and then pick the egg as soon as I see it. I had a really small pullet egg that I left in there for a week, until I was sure she would lay in the box.

Sorry, I meant moving the birds out of the house, not moving the eggs from the nest. The cockerel roosts on the one part that's slightly over the nest, so I clean the hay every morning and then pick the egg as soon as I see it. I had a really small pullet egg that I left in there for a week, until I was sure she would lay in the box.

I get it now I thought you already moved them outside. Pam

I get it now I thought you already moved them outside. Pam

I moved them to a bigger dog crate, but they're still in. I'm stalling. :oops: in the next few days for sure. All they need is a roost and the tractor will be perfect.

Silkies for sale I have adult 4 adult rooster 2 adult hens n 4 mth old chicks 3 mth old chicks 2 mth old chicks n 1 mth old chicks prices for adult hen is 25 chicks
4mth 15
3 mth 12
2 mth 10
1 mth 5

Hey guys and gals, I'm back. As some of you know that I've taken time off since the death of my daughter Aimee to heal and deal. Ready for chickens now. Pam, I've been thinking of you. Hope you're doing great. We must talk. Trying to remember who of our buddies cut up the frozen turkey with the chain saw. Remember? Heh heh
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom