"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

I enjoy my birds also
love.gif
I have some Breese eggs in my incubator. Cant wait to see how this breed interacts with my other chickens. Was just given a goose egg from a friend's Mom to try out in my incubator. I asked her, "what am I going to do with a goose?" to which she replied, "well, you can eat it"
hu.gif
at least then you could say that you cooked your mother's goose. lol

So missing you Linda. Very happy to hear from you!
love.gif
I am doing fine I hope your life is getting better too. Of course I remember. I bet it is still on utube. Christina and her husband. I normally would say their user name but no one here knows them that comes by on a regular bases. I would love to get together and catch up anytime. Glad to see you here. Pam
Yeah, I remembered her name. How is she doing now. I feel like I've come home. Didn't realize how much I missed you guys.

Yeah, I remembered her name.   How is she doing now.  I feel like I've come home.  Didn't realize how much I missed you guys.

We have missed you too. She is doing great they still raise meaties and sell them. Her husban is handmaking cutting boards. I bought one almost to beautiful to use. They also have jobs and are saving to buy there own farm. Pam

I may need to sell my buff laced polish. The rooster is getting worse with the attempted attacks on my husband and he is getting tired of it. The rooster doesn't attack me, and even behaves when I am outside with my husband. But when my husband is alone he doesn't want to let him in the pen without a fight. Maybe I will just get rid of the rooster and try to find another one. Don't know if there is even enough meat on a polish to cull it??? I am sure no one will want him if I tell them he is a fighter. The people I got him from told me when I picked him up that he had killed the other rooster they had and that he liked to be the boss but didn't say he was attacking humans. Do you think it could just be something about my husband that triggers him?
hu.gif

I may need to sell my buff laced polish. The rooster is getting worse with the attempted attacks on my husband and he is getting tired of it. The rooster doesn't attack me, and even behaves when I am outside with my husband. But when my husband is alone he doesn't want to let him in the pen without a fight. Maybe I will just get rid of the rooster and try to find another one. Don't know if there is even enough meat on a polish to cull it??? I am sure no one will want him if I tell them he is a fighter. The people I got him from told me when I picked him up that he had killed the other rooster they had and that he liked to be the boss but didn't say he was attacking humans. Do you think it could just be something about my husband that triggers him? :confused:

Yep I'm having the exact same thing with an Orust . Only does it to Ron I go in nothing. Most chicken people say cull. I know two people me being the third who would try to train him. I think they can smell a mans testosterone . Just my own thearoy. Anyway I read an article on training roosters. He needs to catch him turn him upside down for a few secs. Then turn right side up and carry around like a football. Don't let him crow when your around. Crowing is them asserting dominance . Chase him around in front of the hens this is the ultimate insult . He looks week in front of the hens. If you do this for a week and he still does it cull. Pam

Last edited:
So of course I'm a chicken newbie. And my girls are only 3 wks old...is it sad I'm more worried about leaving them with my sister than I am about leaving my dog for the week?
1f602.png
I'll miss them both but know my dog with have fun playing with her cousins.
1f602.png

So of course I'm a chicken newbie. And my girls are only 3 wks old...is it sad I'm more worried about leaving them with my sister than I am about leaving my dog for the week?
1f602.png
I'll miss them both but know my dog with have fun playing with her cousins.
1f602.png

Sha babes. Most people know how to care for dogs, but not chicks! It's totally understandable!

Back
Top Bottom