"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

My older chickens I vaccinated last year. They did get the pox last year but it wasn't bad. My new ones I did not vaccinate and they seem to have more scabs than my older ones did last year.

Lucky no pox here but I did buy two dyna traps they work really well. Hoping no pox this year. Pam

I am fixing to get me some of those fly traps too. Especially since you reminded us all about strike. Flies and mosquitoes are terrible in our state.

The flies seem worse this year than most! Guess they love the heat and humidity we're having.

I'm gonna change directions with my flock. Instead of breeding groups/pens I'm going to a pasture type setup. Basically they are going to be in a larger fenced in area with all breeds intermingled and have one barn/shelter for them all. I will be selling the Morgan building that I converted into a breeding barn/coop. It is 12x24 with 5 Windows, a copula, roost boards and nesting boxes. There are 5 seperate pens that have openings for the chickens to access the outside. It also has a large human area to store feed and supplies as well as gather eggs without going into the pens. In addition to this one, I have another 12x24 Morgan building that I have not built anything in. It is just a storage building at this point. I would need a few weeks notice to relocate chickens before selling either or both of these.

The flies seem worse this year than most! Guess they love the heat and humidity we're having.

I'm gonna change directions with my flock. Instead of breeding groups/pens I'm going to a pasture type setup. Basically they are going to be in a larger fenced in area with all breeds intermingled and have one barn/shelter for them all. I will be selling the Morgan building that I converted into a breeding barn/coop. It is 12x24 with 5 Windows, a copula, roost boards and nesting boxes. There are 5 seperate pens that have openings for the chickens to access the outside. It also has a large human area to store feed and supplies as well as gather eggs without going into the pens. In addition to this one, I have another 12x24 Morgan building that I have not built anything in. It is just a storage building at this point. I would need a few weeks notice to relocate chickens before selling either or both of these.

Wow! That's a big change. I know we all tend to invest a lot of time and money into our flocks.

That should make things easier.

Wow! That's a big change. I know we all tend to invest a lot of time and money into our flocks.

So true. I just do not have the time I need to really spend with them the way I like to. The americaunas and blue laced red wyndottes will still be pure, all others will be OE/EE.

Back
Top Bottom