"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hello to all, from New Orleans :)

I'll comb through the archives shortly, but if there are any New Orlenean chicken ladies (or gents) (or NB folks) (just...humans...right...ok) who want to talk chicken and exchange resources, I'm happy to meet some nonfeathered friends.

Our 4 chickens just moved into their backyard coop last week. This week they are being allowed short excursions into the yard, and starting next week it'll be allllll day. Here are 3 of our 4 chooks (Zippy, Attila the Hen, and Ruth Bader Hensberg. Ladybird Johnson was off to the side, so she missed the photo op)
20200428_103109.jpg

And here is the coop, still a little bit under construction. I had zero woodworking experience, but luckily my dad basically took over the project. It is not perfect, but it's a really sweet coop.
20200507_082107.jpg
20200507_082140.jpg
20200507_082124 (1).jpg

Hello back, from Zachary! I just started my younger birds in with the grown ups. They are loving having so much room to run and flap. It is a bit of trouble getting them all in at supper time. Somebody is always on the wrong side of the fence. They had their first thunderstorm since they have been out of the carport & they didn't look too upset, they did get a little wet before they figured out to get under a roof. Trying to figure out whether I want to keep all 20.

I have a wasp nest somewhere in the engine of my tractor. The wasps are fighting me for possession of it. I have been stung 4 times this week just figuring out that they are in the tractor. Got stung 3 times and used up 2 cans of wasp spray getting a side panel off. At one point today I was running as fast as I can backwards with a wasp flying at my face, there was only about a foot of air between us. I have beaned it with the empty can of spray because it gave up the chase. Anyway, excuse me for not bush hogging this weekend.

Back
Top Bottom