"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Sooo my spouse and I have had backyard chickens since March or April of this year. And now we're talking about moving somewhere more rural so that we can have more chickens and possibly other farm animals. Chicken math is real, and chickens are the gateway livestock. 🤦‍♀️

Sooo my spouse and I have had backyard chickens since March or April of this year. And now we're talking about moving somewhere more rural so that we can have more chickens and possibly other farm animals. Chicken math is real, and chickens are the gateway livestock. 🤦‍♀️
That is literally what my wife and I did. We close on our new home on July 5th

When I got divorced and had to buy a new house I specifically looked for a home outside ANY city limits on at least one acre. I knew I was going to raise chickens again and didn’t want to deal with any regulations. I found what I was looking for plus an additional acre so I’m back into chickens and maybe quail in the future.

I bought a lovely old country home but town caught up to me quickly. Fending off developers regularly and totally priced out of any more land here.

I bought a lovely old country home but town caught up to me quickly. Fending off developers regularly and totally priced out of any more land here.
Sorry to hear that. I have seen that happen before and I was priced out of getting anything close to our current home too. So now I am moving 15 miles from anywhere hopefully town will not catch up. Plus there is some cheap land close by so in the next few years I might be able to expand. If I can get a chainsaw

I used to live in Madisonville, Mandeville and Abita Springs. I always wanted to move back to the Northshore but not now. I want to move back there the way it was 20 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom