"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
My Blue Andalusians are hard to beat for heat-hardiness; they are bred for it (Mediterranean breed) lay a medium white egg. I also have Welsummers (my favorites) & they are pretty heat tolerant, and Ameracuanas - not so much, I can tell they feel the mid-summer heat & their laying drops off (love those blue eggs though!). My Blue Plymouth Rocks are good layers & heat tolerant. They lay a light brown egg, almost a cream color.

How's everybody liking this SPRING weather! it's not going to last too much longer, I'm sure! but sooo nice out today (& here I am stuck at work, but at least opened my window!)

Quote:
That's really cool! Can't wait till one day I get the nerve up to try to hatch my own!!
smile.png

I'll be waiting patiently to see how your duck eggs do!!

Missi

I am not holding my breath on the duck eggs although out of 2 dozen I have
16 that I hope makes it to lockdown. Had to chunk 8 eggs and I believe
if my buddy had come and gotten them when he was supposed to, those 8 may
have made it.
I should have eggs hatching from now until May 13.
Out of these eggs (40 standard and 16 bantam) I got 100% hatch for those that made it to
lockdown. Had 1 bantie eggs I was going to chunk the other day and I forgot to
and it hatched also.
Next to hatch is 1 dozen O.E. Silver Duckwing bantams and a dozen mixed eggs.
Then the ducks and after those I have 76 cuckoo marans eggs to hatch.
Loving this weather. Maybe we will have a little cooler summer than what we have been
having but it is hard to grow a garden with the lower temps at night and taking a bit
to warm up during the day but I will not complain.
Everyone take care and welcome to all the new Louisiana members.

34828_chick11.jpg

34828_new_chick12.jpg

Do any of the Louisiana members know of someone who may have guinea hatching eggs for sale?
I have found some on craigslist in Vicksburg,Mississippi but wanted to see if anyone
here had some to sell before I went elsewheres to buy.

Harry, that's some really cute babies you got there!!
smile.png

Don't know anyone with eggs but I think I've seen that ad on Craigs list a few times!!

Good Luck with that!!

Missi

Hi! I'm moving to the Fort Polk area in August! I think I posted here before.
Does anyone live near the area and know where I can find a place with land to rent? We don't want to live on post and want to raise some dairy goats and chickens!
Thanks for any help!

Hi all
frow.gif

I am pretty new here, and thanks to all the great information and support here I have a homemade bator built and 23 Silkie eggs in.
woot.gif

I am in the Amite area and I here we have a auction or two around here, If anyone has the scoop on this any post is appreciated!!!

A big hello from Amite!
jumpy.gif

Bebop, you did post before, I remember you! wow moving here during the hottest part of the year, Yikes! but I see you are from El Paso so maybe a little used to it.... I don't know of any land for sale in your area but I'm sure there is some, you may want to hook up w/some realtors in the area & see what's available. We're about an hour & a half drive away but we never get up that direction.

welcome-byc.gif
Scubadeax!

and HAPPY BIRTHDAY SASSY!!! hope you had a great one & will have a wonderful year to come!

Thanks! I'm pretty used to hot weather and love humidity!
Not so much looking to buy property, want to find a place to rent, probably on a long term basis or something.
We're probably going to be making a trip down there later on this month so hopefully we find something while we're there!

Back
Top Bottom