"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
Congrats Pete. Not sure on her size but I;ve put 12 and 10 under my 2 buff orphingtons and 8 under my black sex link bantam.

Good luck on you hatch!!
fl.gif

Thank you for the good wishes!

Last edited:
Say prayers for a family please!
hit.gif
hit.gif
hit.gif

My son was in a very serious car accident last night. An old man turned right in front of my son causing my son to hit his vehicle broadside. The old man was killed on impact. My son suffered a broken leg (femor bone) and had surgery early this morning to insert a permanent pin in his leg. My son will need a few weeks to recover, however, the family of the older gentleman will be preparing for a funeral today. My heart goes out to this family and I pray that their pain not last too long and that they may again be at peace.

My husband and I took a road trip to Missouri to pick up six goslings. We had just returned home late yesterday afternoon, when I got the call around 9:30 p.m. that my son had been in an accident around 8:00 p.m. and was in Lafayette General Hospital awaiting surgery. His surgery was completed early this morning and he is resting now. Everyone else is resting too!
sickbyc.gif

I'll be praying for that family, and for your son.
Glad you made it home safe! My aunt told me that there were tornadoes around Warrenton, and St. Lois last night.

Quote:
Congrats!!!
ya.gif

I usually put 6 under my EE.

Oh Man!
lau.gif
Julie you were supposed to send those broody vibes this way!! ,..

Paisaneaux!,...
gig.gif
you got my broody vibes,.. hope ya hatch supthen good!! Watcha putten under her??

ScoutGunner... Welcome to BYC
frow.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
Thanks for the prayers!

Yes; we had bad weather on the way up and were just ahead of the bad weather coming home. On the way up we got caught in a storm with golf ball sized hail. It was not fun! The goslings were well worth the trip though. I'll get pictures of them on here once I've had a chance to rest.

Thanks BB, and I hope to have some when I can finally sell my home in NC and move back to Houma for good. I visit here 4-6 times a yr and I'm here now. Soon.....
Quote:

Thanks for the info, TerrilaChicks. Someday soon. Not there yet. This is such a great bunch of folks to listen to and I learn a lot. Happy Easter!

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif
nice to have you join us!!! check w/your city council on the rules, maybe somebody closer to you has an idea --

as to breeds, my Ameracaunas & Welsummers are my best performers year round. I lean towards heritage breeds, but for strictly egg performance I would think Rhode Island Reds or Sex Links - Australorps & Orpingtons--

several of our La BYC membershave chicks ready to go, check www.louisianachickens.com for more info. I think catdaddy has some RIR chicks he wants to sell.

Back
Top Bottom