"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Hello fellow-Louisianans...

Question: my backyard, here in New Orleans, is a nice size, I have herb and veggie gardens, some fruit trees, and a compost pile
as well as a can-o-worms. Now I've got 3 Pekins and 3 Buff Orp hens. I recycle most of my food scraps in one or both of my compost
bins, BUT, now with these 6 birds I imagine I can be even more frugal and offer them some veggie trimmings and scraps too.

My question is, anyone come up with some neat ideas to 1) feed the chicks/ducks and 2) to re-use their waste?

Thanks,

Pete

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I think a lot of us are spending more time on here lately because it's too hot to spend time outdoors. Glad you joined in. I can get you caught up in just a few of sentences. LaMike has an awesome place and we are all envious; Kuntrygirl is Miss Scrap Queen and we want her to teach us building tips; Grambysfarm keeps showing off her pretty birds; Cajieun_de_Louisiane has been on vacation; Barred Babies has been working on her chicken pen & run; TerriLaChicks job has been cut back to part-time to due the company closing; and Gracie is busy with her pond and we are all jealous. We are all complaining about the heat and lack of rain; We are gabbing practically everyday and love it when others join in. There! I think that about does it. Did I leave out anything?
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

I think you covered everything!!!! Good job Twiley!
thumbsup.gif
gig.gif

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif

I think a lot of us are spending more time on here lately because it's too hot to spend time outdoors. Glad you joined in. I can get you caught up in just a few of sentences. LaMike has an awesome place and we are all envious; Kuntrygirl is Miss Scrap Queen and we want her to teach us building tips; Grambysfarm keeps showing off her pretty birds; Cajieun_de_Louisiane has been on vacation; Barred Babies has been working on her chicken pen & run; TerriLaChicks job has been cut back to part-time to due the company closing; and Gracie is busy with her pond and we are all jealous. We are all complaining about the heat and lack of rain; We are gabbing practically everyday and love it when others join in. There! I think that about does it. Did I leave out anything?
gig.gif

yuckyuck.gif

lau.gif

I think you covered everything!!!! Good job Twiley!
thumbsup.gif
gig.gif

thumbsup.gif

Hi, I am back! I wish I could post pictures using my iphone...If I could I'd be here a lot more. I got more chickies too. I now have 9 chickens. Still trying to figure out if Boppity Cochins is a cochin or a brahma... Oh, and if my other "older" 2 chicks are roos or hens.

Back
Top Bottom