"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

Quote:
Yes ma'am , I am now ; cause it's 14 -14

Did you happen to look for those donkey's ? And did you ever get your Llama ma'am ? I say ma'am cause you are my elder .
lau.gif
hehehe It really is a lovely day , my chicken yard is drying out , gotta get some sand soon .

LOL @ ma'am. I think you may be a tad bit older than I am.
gig.gif

No, I didn't check out the donkeys and haven't picked up my Llamas yet. As soon as I do, I will post pics.

So you are getting a couple of Llamas ? Guess you would need two cause one might get lonely , someone told me goats were social and needed to be had in multiples instead of one .

Quote:
LOL @ ma'am. I think you may be a tad bit older than I am.
gig.gif

No, I didn't check out the donkeys and haven't picked up my Llamas yet. As soon as I do, I will post pics.

So you are getting a couple of Llamas ? Guess you would need two cause one might get lonely , someone told me goats were social and needed to be had in multiples instead of one .

Yes, thinking about a couple but definitely will get 1. I have 1 goat and he doesn't have any goat friends and he does ok. I refuse to get another goat.

Quote:

Yes, thinking about a couple but definitely will get 1. I have 1 goat and he doesn't have any goat friends and he does ok. I refuse to get another goat.

Julie ,
We can't have cloven foot animals in Olla , and my wife said to me once they are hard to raise or can just eat the wrong thing and get really sick . Her and her 1st husband had them for awhile . She said she had even bottle fed a couple . I always wanted a goat , but since we live inside the city limits of this gigantic metropolis we can't . I really don't know if I can have chickens , but since they are kept in a run nobody really knows . Pigeons are okay , they fall under an entirely different category .

A shopper in Los Angeles pepper-sprayed her competition for an Xbox and scuffles broke out elsewhere around the U.S. as bargain-hunters crowded malls and big-box stores in an earlier-than-usual start to the madness known as Black Friday. Nuts !!!

Quote:

Julie ,
We can't have cloven foot animals in Olla , and my wife said to me once they are hard to raise or can just eat the wrong thing and get really sick . Her and her 1st husband had them for awhile . She said she had even bottle fed a couple . I always wanted a goat , but since we live inside the city limits of this gigantic metropolis we can't . I really don't know if I can have chickens , but since they are kept in a run nobody really knows . Pigeons are okay , they fall under an entirely different category .

I have been lucky that I have never had any illnesses with the goat or sheep. My goat had a little eye irritation about 2 summers ago but that was from flies being around his eye. I treated him with Terramycin for about a week 2 x's a day and he was okay and it never happened again. To me it seems that the goat, sheep, rabbits, peas and geese are the easiest animals when it comes to illnesses. It's the chickens, ducks and turkeys that I have to worry about.
hmm.png

Quote:
Julie ,

I have been lucky that I have never had any illnesses with the goat or sheep. My goat had a little eye irritation about 2 summers ago but that was from flies being around his eye. I treated him with Terramycin for about a week 2 x's a day and he was okay and it never happened again. To me it seems that the goat, sheep, rabbits, peas and geese are the easiest animals when it comes to illnesses. It's the chickens, ducks and turkeys that I have to worry about.
hmm.png

I hope you order that catalog from Jedds , it has the most comprehensive list of medicines I have yet to see and they have stuff for rabbits .

Quote:
hmm.png

I hope you order that catalog from Jedds , it has the most comprehensive list of medicines I have yet to see and they have stuff for rabbits .

yes, right after you posted the information, I signed up for the catalog. I haven't received it yet. I'm sure I'll be getting it soon.

Quote:
Julie ,

hmm.png

My sheep are VERY low maintenance animals. From my experience, goats just seem to be quite the pain in the butt! They get sick, escape, and eat just about everything. The sheep are a little picky about what they eat, but they put on weight very easily on a diet of mainly forage. My sheep are my favorite of the barnyard animals! I call them my little hippos
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom