"Louisiana "La-yers" Peeps"

That IS one ugly honkin' roo!
sickbyc.gif

I never knew turkeys made so many cool noises. The oldest hen I got makes so many different sounds it's like listening to a video game. They're super tame too and walk right up to me.

Last edited:
So our new girl gave us an egg monday, no egg yesterday. The guy we got her from said she gave him an egg saturday. She is still new to laying so every other day or so is ok right? She is walking like she is a 4 year old running around with a full diaper right now.

Julie, your post with that silkie rooster on the run is hilarious. Now, honestly, how long have you worked to train your turkeys to do that?  :lau

I'm SO sorry to hear about peacock egg. Bad, bad hen!! I know how you feel. A few weeks ago I tried to help a gosling hatch because it w Ias overdue and it ended up hatching too soon. It had not yet absorbed the yolk and died just a couple hours later. I should have just left it alone and let it hatch on its own. It sickened me because it was another one of my buff saddlebacks. I could have had two this spring if I had been a little patient.  :hit   I hope your other pea eggs hatch.  :fl

Love that rat trap! I want one of those. I saw a big rat in my coop last night. I'll be shopping for one soon.

I wish that I could credit for their quick thinking in finding ways to reak havoc on this earth, their undieing passion to torcher others, their commitment to insanity and their never ending quest to make an animal miserable every day of it's life. They are born with those traits. Each group of turkeys that is hatched is destined to a life of crime and punishment. How did I ever become so lucky? :smack I'm cursed! :/

Thanks about the peacock egg. Sorry to hear about your gosling. The pea eggs are scheduled to begin hatching tomorrow and throughout the next few days. I am praying I can get at least 1 to hatch. :fl

The trap is great! It caught another mouse last night. I moved it to another location last night. We'll see if it works.

That IS one ugly honkin' roo!  :sick

I never knew turkeys made so many cool noises. The oldest  hen I got makes so many different sounds it's like listening to a video game. They're super tame too and walk right up to me.

Yes, that Roo is uglier than ugly. :lau

Don't you just love the sounds that turkeys make. And you are right and I have never heard it explained that way but it is like listening to a video game. :gig

So our new girl gave us an egg monday, no egg yesterday. The guy we got her from said she gave him an egg saturday. She is still new to laying so every other day or so is ok right? She is walking like she is a 4 year old running around with a full diaper right now.

Congrats on the new egg.

LOL @ 4 year old running around with a full diaper :lau

Congrats on the new egg.
LOL @ 4 year old running around with a full diaper
lau.gif
Thanks!

Hmm, she went into the coop, made one chicken look what I did noise, sat for a few minutes and came out. No egg. I'll give her a little while, but hope I don't have to learn about the egg bound thing today. She is walking around panting right now, but that seems to be the norm for her.

Hey guys I collected some of my NH eggs the last few days with the intention of putting them in my incubator but I picked up on some eggs that I have been waiting on since November and don't have any room for them. I hate to toss them so if anyone would like them you can have them. You can either pick them up or I'll ship them for whatever the cost is.

Let me know. These are the German New Hampshires

Thanks,
Chris

Hey guys I collected some of my NH eggs the last few days with the intention of putting them in my incubator but I picked up on some eggs that I have been waiting on since November and don't have any room for them. I hate to toss them so if anyone would like them you can have them. You can either pick them up or I'll ship them for whatever the cost is.
Let me know. These are the German New Hampshires
Thanks,
Chris

Let me know the shipping cost on them Chris! I'd love to have them. I can send you a payment via paypal

Back
Top Bottom