louisiana sticks

Terri, we'll miss ya honey, but maybe next time?
Joz, come see us next weekend! I have some stuff on your wishlist.

I have White leghorns, Black Australorpes, Black Sex Links, Red Sex Links, Golden laced Wyandottes, Golden Campines, Barred rocks, Dominiques, RIR, Welsumers, Mutts and EE's........

Last edited:
Hey y'all! I live in New Iberia just south east of Lafayette. I just joined BYC even though I actually came on here awhile back to get ideas to build my chicken coop. I am still pretty new at this whole raising chickens. We built our coop in March and all of a sudden we have a ton of birds. I am enjoying every minute of it. I am a stay at home mom to a 2 year old girl and my husband works offshore. I think it is the best hobby I could have picked! We have japanese batams, 1 red sex (my fav), seremas, speckeled sussex chicks, 1 white polish chick, 2 RIR, and a bunch of mutts that were given to me. Here in a couple of weeks we are going to be getting some Americanas pullets, we would like to get a Roo for them one day. I am very excited about getting them! I have actually been driving to Denham Springs to get some of my chicks. I am very dedicated to my hobby!
wink.png

Well Rachel, come see us! I'm originally from Patterson BTW.....just down the road from you!

My chicken collection kind of exploded too..........I wanted a little of everything, so now I have too many. At least until hubby builds more pens
wink.png

ETA
welcome-byc.gif

Last edited:
I had a friend in high school that was from Patterson. I know exactly where that is. I would love to come see your set up sometime. Unfortunately I am going to be going to a funeral this weekend though. My hubbies Aunt passed away this morning. I too want all different kinds. I can't help it. I want all of the pretty ones. I am hoping to sell some chicks soon though so I can get some different ones. I was giving a bunch of mutt chickens to start out with but I am really starting to want specific kinds of birds. I need my husband to make me some more pens too! Maybe I will beg him when he gets home from offshore. I would love for him to make me a pen so I can get silkies! I think they are the coolest little things. I wish I could see one in real life, I have only seen pictures and read about them. I hope to make some new friends on here that enjoy their chickens as much as I do!

Hi Rachel! We are more near Lake Charles, and just starting, too. We were given an assortment of laying hens and faverolle chicks, and recently bought three silkie chicks (being quarantined separately). I also have some heritage breeds coming from Cackle at the end of this month. (Welsummer, Dominique, Brahma, J Black Giants, & Easter Eggers) IDK where we are going to put all of them yet, we are using chicken tractors at the moment but I think with all those stationary coop & large run may be our best bet.

I am so excited! I got 8 Americana pullets yesterday and 1 more white polish! I feel like a kid at a candy store. I ended up trading two of my mutt hens for them! Which is even better than buying them. The only thing that was a bummer was driving all the way to Denham springs to get them. Now all I need is an Americana rooster, and I will have it made!

Back
Top Bottom