Lousy flock?

Pics

2hotchicks

Songster
Sep 19, 2019
Southern Indiana
I'm new to chickens & have two 9 week old slw. I saw a segment on tv that intimated it's cruel to have a flock of only two members. Due to coop size restrictions (city ordinance), I feel I can provide safe foraging & high quality of life for only two (these are pets by the way). My girls seem happy, but I wonder if they would prefer a larger flock? Honest opinions welcome.

Last spring I purchased 5 chicks. One was a roo and the other I re-homed due to bullish behavior. I've had 3 since last Fall and they do really nice together. I too live in a city with rules and regulation. Honestly, I get so many eggs from the 3 girls I have to give them away! Mine are also pets not really for eggs. They seem really happy and content in their little flock.

Here they are last spring, helping turn over the garden beds before planting.

54523767_2355599364450881_4531191579611758592_n.jpg

Last spring I purchased 5 chicks. One was a roo and the other I re-homed due to bullish behavior. I've had 3 since last Fall and they do really nice together. I too live in a city with rules and regulation. Honestly, I get so many eggs from the 3 girls I have to give them away! Mine are also pets not really for eggs. They seem really happy and content in their little flock.

Here they are last spring, helping turn over the garden beds before planting.

View attachment 1920932

you always have to have at least 2 and they will be fine unless you loose one for some reason, because you have a 30 day period of quarantine if you have to get another one, 3 would be better, That way if for some reason something happened to one you would avoid the issue as you would still have 2

Back
Top Bottom