Lovable Ducks Contest.

Such cute ducklings! I love the video of the ducks in the pot.
big_smile.png

Here are some photos of my new baby. I'm a proud duck mom! She (or he?) is a call duck, just over a week old. No name yet because I'm waiting for the vet to call with the results of the DNA test he did to determine the sex. He couldn't tell by looking at her. For now, I've just been calling her Baby Duck.

Here are a couple photos I posted in other threads.

She imprinted on this thermometer and sits by it all day. When I take it away to clean it, she gets so upset! I call it the thermommyter.

Another bathtime photo.

Giving me a kiss.
love.gif

Such cute ducklings! I love the video of the ducks in the pot.
big_smile.png

Here are some photos of my new baby. I'm a proud duck mom! She (or he?) is a call duck, just over a week old. No name yet because I'm waiting for the vet to call with the results of the DNA test he did to determine the sex. He couldn't tell by looking at her. For now, I've just been calling her Baby Duck.

Here are a couple photos I posted in other threads.

She imprinted on this thermometer and sits by it all day. When I take it away to clean it, she gets so upset! I call it the thermommyter.

Another bathtime photo.

Giving me a kiss.
love.gif

She's absolutely adorable. I've been wanting to try call ducklings, or bantams. (Aussie spots in particular) but I'm going with Welsh harlequins, buff, ancona, and swedish right now. lol I've got enough...for now. :) Hopefully you'll find out her gender soon, are you hoping for a girl?

She's absolutely adorable. I've been wanting to try call ducklings, or bantams. (Aussie spots in particular) but I'm going with Welsh harlequins, buff, ancona, and swedish right now. lol I've got enough...for now. :) Hopefully you'll find out her gender soon, are you hoping for a girl?

Thank you! Aussie spotteds are adorable too. I'm jealous that you have so many ducks! I've just got this one but might get another in a few months after I move. I know ducks prefer to have friends of the same species.

I've been referring to my duck as a "she" pretty consistently, but my boyfriend is so sure that it's a boy. I'm excited to find out who's right, and I'll be happy to finally give the duck a name.

Such precious ducklings! :)

I don't have any babies right now, just my old man and three younger guys....all four are drakes. Collectively known as 'The Fellas'.

'Peep'.
8 years
Pekin

Albert(stripes on face), Oliver(next to Bert), and Otto(in the b/g)
About 8 months
Rouens

Thank you! Aussie spotteds are adorable too. I'm jealous that you have so many ducks! I've just got this one but might get another in a few months after I move. I know ducks prefer to have friends of the same species.

I've been referring to my duck as a "she" pretty consistently, but my boyfriend is so sure that it's a boy. I'm excited to find out who's right, and I'll be happy to finally give the duck a name.
It sounds like a lot, but it's really not so many. As far as how many ducks I have at home with me right now I only have one Blue Swedish whose 5 weeks old. My Anconas are all in the form of eggs in my bator right now, and my Welsh Harlequins, and Buffs are being shipped to me next week from Metzer Farms. I ordered 5 of each breed, so ten. However, I only got two of each breed (welsh, and buff) sexed. So I ordered two female harlequins, two female Buff, and then 3 straight run of both of those breeds. I'm keeping two of the welshies, and one buff but I figured if I was going to order ducklings like that I may as well get my money's worth out of it! between minimum orders, extra packing fees, and shipping price (you have to pay a minimum fee of $36 when you order whether you order 2 ducks or 6) so I was going to get six, but then found out that if I ordered ten instead, then I wouldn't have to pay the $12 minimum bird fee. It's confusing but in the end I got 10 ducklings for $71.00 when I would have gotten six of them for $69.00 because of extra minimum fees.
So, basically I have seven ducklings to sell next week! I'd love to sell them to BYC members but I can't ship them, so it's local pick up only.
sad.png

Such precious ducklings! :)

I don't have any babies right now, just my old man and three younger guys....all four are drakes. Collectively known as 'The Fellas'.

'Peep'.
8 years
Pekin

Albert(stripes on face), Oliver(next to Bert), and Otto(in the b/g)
About 8 months
Rouens
Handsome boys! My younger sister has goats, and my mom has chickens, so I'm the duck nerd around our house, however my sister would jump at the chance to own a Pekin! They're her favorite for sure, no matter what other breeds I show her.
smile.png

Just want to throw out a general THANK YOU! to everyone whose posted to this thread so far, I love seeing everyone's cute ducks. Not only is it nice to talk to other duck lovers but it gives me something to do while I wait anxiously for my ducklings to get here!
wink.png

These are old pictures, but here are some baby pics of some of the ducks I used to own. They've since been re-homed for one reason or another. The first two pics were my very first pair of ducklings, and the second two pictures are of my Chocolate indian runner Drake. When I learned that runners are typically skittish I was surprised because Toothless was a very cuddly baby!

I'm proud to say that my runner never pooed in my sweatshirt hood!
wink.png

Last edited:
get to posting some more cute or silly pictures guys! six more days for this contest. Also, if you think you know who should be a winner in one of the categories feel free to send me a PM with the # of the Post and the username of the owner. (please, don't send me PMs for yourself)

Back
Top Bottom