Love for the lost feathers. A memorial to our chickens. ❤

Im So sorry for Your losses:hugs:hugs
I lost four hens in 6 years.
Two, Ciocca and Panta, were internal layers. I gave them all the possible cares, i even let Panta stay at home with us for two weeks, but they left :(

ciocca.JPG

Ciocca was The first hen Who made an egg in our backyard, i was so affectionate to her. I called her "the strict" cause she always seemed to be angry, but she was a such nice hen!

DSC_0016-750x1000.JPG

Panta always peck our trousers "pantaloni" in italian, so "panta" was her name. She was so friendly, she loved being held and she loved stay on the bicycle..
It was so sad when they died:(

Ambra (Amber in eng) and Vania (that means vain) had an heatstroke this summer. It was so terrifying to see them with dark combs, open beaks, try to Save them, and not be able... It was shocking, yes...

Ambra always had fear to fly, and she was so funny when she was on the coop, and she didnt want to jump down. She had feather in the color of the sun. So cute hen...

DSC_1004-750x1000.JPG

Vania was in an incipit of internal laying, too, when she had heatstroke. She was The most moody chicken ive ever seen, she was so friendly one moment, and the next he was terrified by me.. But she was very sweet

DSC_0013-750x1000.JPG

Vania in this photo is the nearest chicken, panta is below

I miss all them a lot. :hit

Its 5am, I'm awake, and would normally be listening to my rooster crow but today its quiet. Yesterday when DH came home from work he saw my beloved Rooster had been hit by a car. We live on a dirt road, and this is not a normal thing for us. Our neighbors know about the birds and they dont typically hang out in the road. My boy Houdini "Dini Doodle" would stand in the road sometimes while the girls crossed. He was a huge boy and it looked like some one ran right into his shoulder. I'm heart broken. He was 4.5 years old. He was a huggable rooster, and the best I've ever had with the girls. He suffered an eye injury when he was young and we became attached while he healed inside. He loved to be pet, and took his rooster job seriously. The girls loved him too. He would always come over to say hi whether I had treats or not. I found this thread figuring this would be a place where some people might understand the loss. My heart hurts, and our yard is not the same. It somehow is harder knowing it wasn't a preditor but a careless person. There is no reason someone shouldn't have been able to stop. I've had alot of roosters but this one was special.

Oh my Houdini was a handsome man. I'm sorry you lost your love bug. It's a weird time where lots of pets and ppl seem to be passing on.
I send you hugs and the Hope's of another next level roo. ❤❤

Back
Top Bottom