Love those noises! Need hatching buddies

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken Charlotte, Oct 4, 2011.

1. Chicken Charlotte

Chicken Charlotte Out of the Brooder

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Ohhh Tweety, she is making those noises all over again [​IMG] I made a video but cant get it to upload [​IMG] Anyways she is sitting on her eggs in danger and hopfully she will be alright I will move her tommorow night and give her some fertile eggs see this is where I am heading [​IMG] I put my hand under her to get some eggs, one after another I pulled out eggs from underneath her. BUT SUDDENLY I felt something wet and squishy and I pulled out the egg and saw yellow vomit looking stuff on my hand. [​IMG] I sniffed my hand nearly passed out or should I say PASSED AWAY and nearly vomited and I screamed ewyyyyyyyyyy ahhhhh [​IMG]

Tweety get a boyfriend lovey

Buddies ?

Last edited: Oct 4, 2011
  2. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Come on anyone i need a hatching buddie!

3. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I am always hatching, my motto is "Hatch on!" I will buddy up for a hatch. I put in three dozen today. Mostly RIR, I have an order for them.

4. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Quote:Yay thats great!!!!!!!! I put 1 egg in today! I am getting 8 more in a few days [​IMG]))

5. chookhead

chookhead Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 7, 2011
    mine are hatching as i type this i started with 19 eggs under my broody isa
    2 went somewhere and no one noes where
    she ate one
    and i am pretty sure that 2 are rotten they stink from the outside and have a gunk on the shell
    and one hatched at 19 days and died shortly after
    and today 2 hatched one is healthy and jumping around and the other got shrink wrapped and died so if my maths is correct 11 eggs left that can still be viable
    and she hasnt moved offf the eggs for 2 days and hasnt started to teach the live chick how to be a chicken so hopefully tomorow the rest will hatch pray for them plz [​IMG]

6. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    Yikes, if they stink, throw them out. If she is going to eat them, maybe you need an incubator. Good luck, everyone!

7. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Quote:Awwwhh shrink rapped you poor thing, I will make sure I pray [​IMG]

8. chookhead

Sep 7, 2011
    Quote:the ones she ate iddnt have a embryo in them she felt that they had nothing in them so ate them for the nuitrients lol and i now have 4 cute baby chicks she is turning out to be a fantastic mother. God she is soooo protective [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Chicken Charlotte

Jun 7, 2010
    QLD
    Quote:the ones she ate iddnt have a embryo in them she felt that they had nothing in them so ate them for the nuitrients lol and i now have 4 cute baby chicks she is turning out to be a fantastic mother. God she is soooo protective [​IMG] [​IMG]

Whoop, WHOOP! So exited keep us updated and PLEASE add pictures! [​IMG]

10. chookhead

Sep 7, 2011
    Quote:Awwwhh shrink rapped you poor thing, I will make sure I pray [​IMG]

now i have 4 cute active chicks its alrite now there shud be 8 eggs left

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by