Lovebirds Found in a WALGREENS?!

NateinFL

Crowing
13 Years
Sep 7, 2009
Wesley Chapel FL
Would you believe that my brother found these two lovebirds flying around inside the Walgreens store that he works at? One had clipped wings, the other flew around for the entire 6 hr shift before they finally caught him at the end of the night. They are definitely young, I think they are slate peach faced lovebirds from all the research I have done.

Can't believe that someone would dump their unwanted birds off inside a Walgreens. My brother spent 45 minutes before he finally caught the flighted one, I told him if he didn't catch it, it would die in there. I have them now, they are scared, but eating and drinking well.

Anyone know exactly what type of lovebirds these are? I already have a peach-faced, he has bright green feathers, these have gray feathers.
40744_089.jpg

40744_071.jpg

Here is a pic. of one next to my peach-faced that I already own. They are definitely not as green as he is.

40744_054.jpg

I want to say they are slate, but I need to refresh myself on some of the color names.

I highly recommend quarantine next time. If these birds are sick - which is a possibility, your lovies are now exposed to whatever sicknesses they may have.
Ukiah

Last edited:
wow.....so awesome....my neighbor raises love birds and she has some dark ones w. black heads looks like those...............google it.

Quote:
X million, I think the birds look healthy, but I would never try to put these near one of my birds, (I don't own lovebirds.) By the way, It looks like your lovebird may be guarding his food bowl from the one on the floor of the cage from getting to his/her favorite food bowl.

Quote:
Yes, I think they are slate peach-faced. They are doing very well, but I do have them in a different room than my other birds. Plan to keep one, let it make friends with mine, then give the other one to a friend who also has a single lovebird.

They're definitely a variety of peachfaced, I would say maybe slate white face? Or olive? Beautiful babies. So sad that someone would dump them in a walgreens, but then again, at least it wasn't outside. I once overheard someone say they would rather let said animal go (I don't remember what it was) then give it away for free, and I just couldn't understand that. I never had a lot of money growing up, it was just my mom and me, and most of our critters were freebies, and they all lived good lives with us. Granted there are some with more nefarious ideas, but still. People amaze me sometimes.

good luck with your birds....they are very cute.......dont you think they will be sad if you give one away after they have been living together....they may be soul mates?

Back
Top Bottom