Loving being a new chicken lover!

jennapoole

In the Brooder
5 Years
Dec 22, 2014
Hey y'all! My name is Jenna and I am new to the back yard chicken community. I got my first chickens in late July 2014. They are now big and beautiful Buff Orphingtons. I started with 3 and now have 2, Rose and Dorthy. I think Blanch was given to me sick, she died a few weeks after having her.

I've been reading the comments and forums on this site for over a year now, preparing for my chicken girls and now I'm joining! My girls are 5 months now and are ready to lay eggs at any moment. I thought it was happening this morning when I heard tons of loud squawking but they were in the woods- must've been a predator.

I'm looking forward to talking with people, sharing stories and getting wisdom from 'mature' chicken owners.

Hi :welcome Jenna!

Sorry to hear about you losing Blanch it's always sad when one is lost :hugs
Rose and Dorthy look lovely in your picture of them. Waiting for that first egg can seem to take forever. Hope you get one soon. I would try try to keep them safe from predators though I really wouldn't want you to lose them to one.

Be sure to ask any questions you may have everyone here to help.
Enjoy BYC :frow

Welcome to BYC
frow.gif
Glad you joined us!

Welcome to BYC!
frow.gif
We're glad to have you.

I'm sorry for the loss of Blanch! Good luck with the rest of them. And, if you have any questions, feel free to ask! We'll be happy to help.

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Sorry you lost Blanch. Never easy to lose them. Your flock is gorgeous! I hope you start to get those eggs real soon!

Back
Top Bottom