Loving being a new chicken lover!

Welcome to BYC, Jenna. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about your loss of Blanch. It's always sad to lose one of our flock. I've raised Buff Orpingtons for years, and they are a wonderful breed; very hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your BOs.

Welcome to BYC, Jenna. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. I'm sorry about your loss of Blanch. It's always sad to lose one of our flock. I've raised Buff Orpingtons for years, and they are a wonderful breed; very hardy, calm and gentle (my children, and now my granddaughter, made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your BOs.
Thank you Michael. I may be coming to you with questions as time passes. They are funny birds and fun to be around. I want to add more but with different breeds. Do you have any other breeds with your buffs? I want a colorful pallet of chickens!

Turkenstein25pizapw1419285938.jpg

Thank you Michael. I may be coming to you with questions as time passes. They are funny birds and fun to be around. I want to add more but with different breeds. Do you have any other breeds with your buffs? I want a colorful pallet of chickens!

You're welcome. I've had dozens of different breeds over the past 50 years, but in addition to my Buff Orpingtons, I currently have Black Australorps (not quite as beautiful as the BOs, but the same calm and gentle temperament, and even better layers); Easter Eggers, which lay beautiful colored eggs); and Black Sex Links, which are hardy and friendly, egg laying machines that consistently churn out more than 300 eggs per hen per year.

Hello :frow and Welcome To BYC! Sorry about Blanch, :hugs good luck with the rest of your flock!

Back
Top Bottom