Loving BYC

Steven Phillippe

Chirping
Sep 22, 2019
Hello from East Central Florida! I’m Steven. We have one Pekin duck now and two Silky chickens male and female. They free range the backyard and are locked up at night we lost a Muscovy last fall. Loss of balance not eating dragging herself on the ground. Couldn’t walk. Now today one of pekins has passed with same symptoms this morning. Bright green poop as well. Feed stores are no help except “ she ate something “ or look at our website goodbye. It seems by the time symptoms get you’re attention its to late for treatment. Sorry for this introduction but we’re upset. We will move on of course but strange to lose our Muscovy on November 23 2018 and our Pekin September 22 2019 with same issues.

Steven, don't apologize for your introduction. Lots of people come to BYC because of sad circumstances. The good news is that people here are always willing to offer expertise and advice, and when it's necessary, empathy and support.

I can't explain the strange way your ducks died or the timing, but I'm sorry for your losses. And, I'm sure someone here will have at least some possible answers.

Hello Steven and welcome to BYC! :frow

I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs It's never easy to lose them especially when you don't know why. Along with the necropsy info, @casportpony and her great knowledge, I am going to move this thread to our Ducks section for more help and input. I hope you can get this figured out soon!!

Again, welcome to our community!

Back
Top Bottom