Low Humidity????

needtohatch

Songster
10 Years
Feb 27, 2009
Hart Co
I know humidity plays an important role in incubating and hatching. Our house is really dry and I am having trouble getting my humidity above 38% most of the time it is about 33%. Will this cause problems? I know I read that to high a humidity wont let the air cell get big enough, but what will happen to the eggs if the humidity is to low? Should I be worried or is it ok? They are on day 12 and I have 28 out of 29 eggs that have good veining and movement, the air cells look good, bigger that when they started.

Sounds like they are doing fine but what are you going to do when you have to hike the humidity the last three or four days? I would suggest a wet sponge or two to get that humidity up the last few days. Can you put a pot of water over a heat vent on the floor or something in that room with the bator?? If you do a search above in the blue border you will find that some folks do keep a very low humidity for the first 15 days. I just found that out myself.

I had thouth I would put a container or 2 or 3.... maybe as many as will fit in there for the last few days
hu.gif
and hope for the best. This is my first try at hatching and since I know they are growing I don't want to mess it up.
sad.png

it is not a prob for the humidity to run at that. I dry hatch and my humidity the first 18 days averages 35. I do not add water until it drops to 25 for a hour. I average 90 to 95 percent hatches. It is better to run a little low for the first 18 days then to run to high. You will however need to be able to get your humidity higher for hatch.

Back
Top Bottom