Low incubator temp

Sjblizzard

Hatching
Mar 28, 2018
So I don't really know the details I went away for a couple days and my family was supposed to be watching the incubator when I got back the incubator was at 95 degrees and everyone told me it was fine and then it had been working fine. Obviously not if it's at 95 degrees so let's assume it's been at 95 degrees for a week 7 days

Do my eggs have a snowball's chance at hatching

So I don't really know the details I went away for a couple days and my family was supposed to be watching the incubator when I got back the incubator was at 95 degrees and everyone told me it was fine and then it had been working fine. Obviously not if it's at 95 degrees so let's assume it's been at 95 degrees for a week 7 days

Do my eggs have a snowball's chance at hatching
I think you may have a chance...possibly a good chance. Temps too cool for the entire incubation result in higher embryo mortality. I've done it twice; by accident and by miscalculation. I still had a couple chicks be viable and hatch fine.

But yours has only been cooler a week at the very most. And maybe not that long. I think you've got a good shot. They "may" be slightly delayed like mentioned earlier. Please keep us posted! I'd really like to know how you make out.

Back
Top Bottom