Lowering or not lowering, that is the question

Skyle

Fluffy feathered feet addicted
Premium Feather Member
Apr 11, 2020
Between Italy and Slovenia
Hi!
15 days ago I bought some quail eggs at the supermarket and decided to try hatch some of them for the first time with my Borotto Lumia 16 incubator.
From 6 eggs, 2 were infertile and 1 had a blood ring (I think mainly because the eggs weren't so fresh)
But here we are, with 3 nice eggs that I candled today before to put them on lockdown. Two seemed to be near to pip internally (I saw a little hump moving in the air cell) and one wasn't, but he was moving his little foot.:celebrate
I searched a lot during these days and I found out that some people say that the temperature souldn't be decreased the last 3 days, others say that it should decrease from 37.7°C to 37.2°C. What should I do? Thanks in advance to everyone:love

I probably would lower to 37.5 since that is the appropriate quail incubation temp. The idea with lowering is that their late term metabolism is creating heat of its own. But since you only have 3 eggs rather than a whole tray of eggs, that accumulated heat isn't causing any issues.
I always thought quail egg incubation temperature was 37.5C. So given that. I would probably lower heat to about 37.4.
All that depends on if your temperature is verified with a calibrated or guaranteed accurate thermometer.

I probably would lower to 37.5 since that is the appropriate quail incubation temp. The idea with lowering is that their late term metabolism is creating heat of its own. But since you only have 3 eggs rather than a whole tray of eggs, that accumulated heat isn't causing any issues.
I always thought quail egg incubation temperature was 37.5C. So given that. I would probably lower heat to about 37.4.
All that depends on if your temperature is verified with a calibrated or guaranteed accurate thermometer.

Thank you for the explaination, now I've got why they say this.
But about the right temp I don't know, I've always known that the temperature for quails was 37.7:idunno

IMG_20201127_191708.jpg

IMG_20201127_191730.jpg
Here he is😍

Back
Top Bottom