Loyal Brahma Sisters

Cyn, I'm so sorry to hear that Caroline has sustained this injury. Let's hope she has a speedy recovery and that all she needs is just a little quiet time.

I never cease to marvel at the level of compassion that these birds can have for each other. Anyone who ever believes that they don't have personalities and a soul all of their own, needs only to observe those moments of devotion and camaraderie, to know how wrong that notion is!

Thanks for posting pictures of Zane as well, Cyn. You know, I think I could sit all day in that boy's presence and never grow tired of the company!
love.gif

Quote:
are you the gal that had a very long thread as we all watched a beautiful hen get sick and couldn't pull through this time? Was Lexie her sister and would not leave the sick hen's side?
that was a sad thread!!!!!!!

That did happen, yes. Lexie's sister, Ivy, battled internal laying for a very long time. She died with Lexie by her side.

Thanks, Amy. Zane is my angel with barred wings. He's the love of my life (next to DH, of course).

Cyn I am sorry about Caroline...let's just hope it is a simple sprain and she heals right up.

As to that Zane...he should be the love of your life...why you remain loyal to the 2 timing husband I will never know. One weekend at your house and I knew the truth...every time you see that man he has one of those feathered women all over him and others lined up waiting. You have coops full of two timing hussies! How do you stand it?

gig.gif

Zane while cautious of strangers will warm up to you if have a blueberry muffin!

348_dcp_5486.jpg

This is her beautiful Ivy before she passed:

27529_cynthias_006.jpg

I miss my Ivy and I'm afraid that soon, Lexie will follow her to the Great Roost in the Sky. She wears out so fast, is on the roost half asleep while the others are still eating pre-roost time, breathes so hard, hasn't laid an egg in a year,
sad.png
etc. My sweet barred ladies who gave me a love of BRs will be gone.

Yes, DH has an eye for the ladies in their flamboyant feathers. I don't know why I put up with it, I really don't.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom